Show us your marmalade.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I make jam. Have strawberries and raspberries in the garden, also apples that are not all that nice to eat alone but make very tasty apple and ginger jam and apple chutney. Trouble is, we don't eat that much jam so I have banned myself from making more until we have eaten most of the stuff I have already made.
My fave is the strawberry and raspberry jam - using both together makes a very tasty jam.

So what is the ingredient/process that turns nice tasting jam into disgusting marmalade? And why isn't it illegal?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I make my own orange and ginger

orange and ginger.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
I bought some only yesterday off one of the ladies at Church.it is very nice.My Father in Law used to do tons of the stuff but sadly now,it has got too much for him.Hence i went elsewhere.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I thought saying I dislike marmalade is a bit like saying I dislike evil? Pretty much everyone does apart from a few deviants so not much to debate?

:tongue:

:laugh:

I confess to using "Ma-Made" Seville orange concentrate but I always use soft dark sugar which makes a rich dark marmalade.

This last batch I also bunged in some chopped ginger, mixed spice and a dram of whisky. It is rather enjoyable.
Nothing wrong with Mamade - irc, it's just oranges and water, with a bit of citric acid (so you don't have to add lemon juice). Good stuff ^_^

Last edited:
The other day Mrs Dave made 2 jars at the end of a larger batch that had chilli flakes (chillis grown by me) mixed in. Really nice! It would make a good ham glaze.
That is genius. Sheer genius.

Just slipped half a chopped green chilli into the end of a batch. And it's good! Wow! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Thank you for the thought!

U

User32269

Marmalade?
The spread used by masochists who can't bring themselves to enjoy the sweet fruity delight of jam.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Top Bottom