Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
my old school 1998 Bianchi Ocelot mountain bike. It's my one bike that can take me everywhere. If I could only keep one, this would be my keeper. :smile:

Yep, Steel, no suspension, and looks like it's 26". Ticks all the boxes in my book for a no-nonsense versatile bike. Can't help thinking Bianchi were jumping on the bandwagon a bit though as MTB's aren't really their genre. Still, if it does the job then it does the job.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Yep, Steel, no suspension, and looks like it's 26". Ticks all the boxes in my book for a no-nonsense versatile bike. Can't help thinking Bianchi were jumping on the bandwagon a bit though as MTB's aren't really their genre. Still, if it does the job then it does the job.
Right you are,SDJ ~ 26” tires. I now have semi-road tires on it, though wide. So I can comfortably ride around the neighborhood on it, next to Parkways, on clean, muddy, or rocky trails, anywhere! Friday I got to ride on a Parkway that parallels a creek (Rock Creek Parkway) that is still closed Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for pandemic freedom. Here it is, sans motor vehicles. (I also agree on the Bianchi comment)

4D82DC77-0818-4E36-8DAB-6BF15CF05B67.jpeg

keithmac

Guru
I thought they were an evolution of the BMX?.

View attachment 641221
My 1995 Apollo Kosciusko- rigid, steel frame, upgraded from 7 speed Shimano Altus to later model 9 speed Deore components.
I replaced the original cantilever brakes with "V" brakes and popped on some wider tyres.
My favourite feature though is the very 90's marbled paintwork.
View attachment 641222

That's nice, and same year as my Cannondale M500 further up the post. Rigid MTB's are great bikes!

Top Bottom