Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
The old Specialized Enduro (2001) got retired and replaced by this sprightly young (2009?) Orange 5 build. It's much more fun to ride. Pictured at a very toasty Penmachno yesterday.

20220707_140630.jpg

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
BCC1570A-13D8-4FAA-BD46-FDBEE059B30C.jpeg

2007 Giant Anthem X2. Love it still!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Never owned a MTB. Only ridden one a couple of times despite doing road cycling for past ten years. I live in an area good for MTB and a suggestion from friends to do the King Alfred Way down South next week tipped me over the edge.

I already own two Decathlon road bikes and they have been excellent so it was a logical port of call

1660219292585.jpeg

For those interested in such matters, it is a Rockrider Race 740

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Never owned a MTB. Only ridden one a couple of times despite doing road cycling for past ten years. I live in an area good for MTB and a suggestion from friends to do the King Alfred Way down South next week tipped me over the edge.

I already own two Decathlon road bikes and they have been excellent so it was a logical port of call

View attachment 656784

I have an earlier Rockrider. Good bikes. :smile:

DD067530-7855-4FE7-9A93-79224EBB90B8.jpeg

Legs

That is a lovely looking bike, @nickyboy . How did you find the KAW?

I've only just got back into riding my MTB. I've taken my two sons to Cannock Chase a few times over the holidays. Problem is, 9yo has outgrown his Frog 62, and 5yo struggles on the trails with his singlespeed Islabike Cnoc 14. Looking to do trail centre hire of a 20" Trek Roscoe for 5yo next time we go, but 9yo is too tall for them to hire out a child's bike, and £28 is a bit steep for 3 hours for a hardtail for him...

JhnBssll

Veteran
View attachment 657941 New one in the stable. Titus El Viajero 29er.

Thats rather splendid... I've a hankering for a Ti hardtail but I'd have to lose my hartail Bianchi to make way for one and its also lovely, so I'd be spending a lot of money to swap a nice bike for a nice bike :wacko: This photo makes me think it might be worth it though :laugh: Maybe in a few years time... 😄

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thats rather splendid... I've a hankering for a Ti hardtail but I'd have to lose my hartail Bianchi to make way for one and its also lovely, so I'd be spending a lot of money to swap a nice bike for a nice bike :wacko: This photo makes me think it might be worth it though :laugh: Maybe in a few years time... 😄

This will replace my ageing carbon hardtail - I’ve fancied a Ti bike for a while and P-X had this as an ex-demo bike for a significant discount.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
3.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Go on john…..you know you must have it, i dare you lol

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That is a lovely looking bike, @nickyboy . How did you find the KAW?

I've only just got back into riding my MTB. I've taken my two sons to Cannock Chase a few times over the holidays. Problem is, 9yo has outgrown his Frog 62, and 5yo struggles on the trails with his singlespeed Islabike Cnoc 14. Looking to do trail centre hire of a 20" Trek Roscoe for 5yo next time we go, but 9yo is too tall for them to hire out a child's bike, and £28 is a bit steep for 3 hours for a hardtail for him...

I'm heading north having just completed KAW. It was very tough to complete in three and a half days
It's marketed as a gravel bike experience but it really isn't. The reality is a hard tail is much better and in less than optimal weather I think a gravel bike would be impossible

Legs

Just checked on trekbikes.com and they say there that a 24" Roscoe is suited to riders up to 150cm (Andrew is 148cm), and Cannock Chase Cycle Centre have confirmed that their size guide, which is accompanied with

1661178979946.png

was incorrect. Looks like we'll be hiring two bikes for the little people next time :okay:

Top Bottom