Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up my bike last Friday and done 4 rides so far. This was my first ride and one that has scarred me!!! 1 mile of 8% wasn't such a good idea

Check out my 12.6 mi Ride on Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/181073483
Probably a bit !much too soon
You'll toughen up eventually

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Picked up my bike last Friday and done 4 rides so far. This was my first ride and one that has scarred me!!! 1 mile of 8% wasn't such a good idea

Check out my 12.6 mi Ride on Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/181073483
Well done. If you can do that kind of climbing on only your fourth ride, you obviously have some talent for this cycling malarky! :thumbsup:

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
So I've nearly marked the first month of commuting. It's only 7KM there and back on the canal but since moving to my new place, I've needed the motivation as me and the missus share a car.

Set myself a segment of my route in, in an aid to always try and better myself. Stuck in a lul for a while but beat it this morning by some stretch.

http://www.strava.com/activities/183647210

Done so far this month;
Distance 309.1 km
Rides 44
Biggest Ride 17.0 km
Biggest Climb 92 m

D

Deleted member 18052

Pain in the back side off my knee this morning. Need to have a read up later on possible causes...

huwsparky

Über Member
Nice job on that hill. Hell of a first ride.:thumbsup: That hill would probably make me cry at the fitness level I am at right now.

In not fit either! We live in quite a hilly area and if I'm going to veer off the main road there are climbs everywhere!

Probably a bit !much too soon
You'll toughen up eventually

I hope I will, good satisfaction after getting to the top but hard for me at the moment! Onwards and upwards...

Well done. If you can do that kind of climbing on only your fourth ride, you obviously have some talent for this cycling malarky! :thumbsup:

You didn't see the state of me at the top... Haha

Robjps

Regular
Well I completed my first 6 weeks of cycling and I have covered around 150 miles in total ! I am much fitter and most importantly for me I have lost nearly a stone ^_^
I am totally hooked on cycling and would advise anyone thinking about it to just do it! You wont regret it :bicycle::bicycle:

huwsparky

Über Member
Well I completed my first 6 weeks of cycling and I have covered around 150 miles in total ! I am much fitter and most importantly for me I have lost nearly a stone ^_^
I am totally hooked on cycling and would advise anyone thinking about it to just do it! You wont regret it :bicycle::bicycle:

Well done.

Top advice there. Much more fun than running etc IMO.

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter

Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom