1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Raleigh?!?

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by *Dusty*, 9 Sep 2015.

1. My old Dyna-Tech, as previously uploaded in the Titanium thread

Bought back in 1994, from Kendells, in Castleford (owned by one of the best wheel builders around; Gary Proud)
    Slightly amended, when it arrived, with 'dress-up' kit - good job too, as it had some damned odd sizes, from the factory
    Ritchey stem 120mm (had a 80, or 90mm!!)
    Scott 'Drop-Ins' 42cm (had 39cml!)
    Ritchey seat-pin
    Selle-Italia 'Flite'
    Look PP196 (in blue-grey)

Campagnolo Chorus (172.5mm & 52/39) chainset & BB (arrived with 165mm cranks!!!!)
    Used as a work-bike, 2010 - 2013, with the addition of Salmon Profil mudguards, & the Looks changed for SPDs
    (superceded by the blue Ribble, for work)

All post 2004 pics

It's still hanging in the garage

2005. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 2.JPG 2007. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG 2007. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 5.JPG 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 1.JPG 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG

Illaveago, mcshroom, odav and 2 others like this.
  2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

My 50 's Roadster

WP_20161027_002.jpg

Drago, Illaveago, mcshroom and 8 others like this.
  3. Lochen

Lochen Well-Known Member

Raleigh still a thing? Oh yes! ^_^

Entry level gravel bike. Claris groupset. Carbon fork. Mechanical disc brakes. Alloy smooth welded (mostly) frame.

20161215_114649.jpg 20161215_114740.jpg

Last edited: 19 Dec 2016
    Illaveago, odav, Oldfentiger and 3 others like this.
  4. Lochen

Lochen Well-Known Member

And now fully dressed with rack, mudguards, saddle bag of spares and a tube, and a top bar bag. A 60mm stem makes for a comfy steed.
    20170101_130708.jpg
    20170101_130635_001.jpg

5. And bombproof too I can confirm.When my Bear Valley was stolen,I bought a 400 and while it was heavy by today's standards,it was a quality frame (Reynolds 501 I think),and rode well.
    Went into Dales one day to buy a Helmet and came out with a deposit receipt for a Pro-Flex,so I sold the M Trax.
    I reckon it would still be doing me great service though,and by the looks of the newer Raleigh bikes on here they are back making very worthy rides.

Illaveago, odav and Lochen like this.
  6. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat, old bloke, on an old bike, pedalling slowly.

kpyh5zpo2axkvpfilgfpo0y64r2nk73ixobdnntjjprnqqwyu7wvnd6_vh16hixiz-9obtktuio0ejtdn32ea-jpg.336527.jpg
    My 1989 Raleigh Gemini 531 frame, I use it in wet conditions and as a winter bike.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2017
  7. Nigel-YZ1

Nigel-YZ1 Guru

1980's Raleigh Merlin. Cleaned up last year. Back in service this summer.

Edit: I got it for Christmas 1981. Just looked up frame number to remind me.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2017
    Illaveago, mcshroom, odav and 6 others like this.
  8. odav

odav (';')

I've killed my M trax, bent frame and snapped steerer!
    Took everything salvageable off and am building up an old Raleigh Pioneer frame as a runaround. 7 gears, using the alivio stuff from dead M trax, got original Pioneer rack and guards from my mate who's just stripped one. Brand new bb in, cables, chain etc. Bits out the shed. Will have cost about £50 when complete.
    DSC_0130.JPG

Illaveago, teaboy, GuyBoden and 2 others like this.
  9. :ohmy:
    I'm not going to even ask how you did that.
    Mines survived being flipped in the air after a crash ,not a scratch.
    The wheels were goosed though.

Illaveago and odav like this.
  10. odav

odav (';')

I'd like to say was on a knarly technical downhill giving it some rad air man, but the truth is a combination of a vauxhall astra a bollard and some railings!

11. Bloody Nora.
    I'm definitely not going to ask :laugh:

odav likes this.
  12. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

my latest Raleigh stowaway 1974 IMG_0304.JPG

robsa, gbb, bonsaibilly and 6 others like this.
  13. I do so wish they still made Dyna Tech MTB's.
    Whilst Klein and Joe Breezers were a joy to look at ,I felt the DT's were "get the job done quickly " lovely.

14. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

:blink:

15. odav

odav (';')

Got the old Pioneer up and running. Used an old a head converter and single alloy crank from the shed, alivio rd from dead m-trax, original wheels and tyres. Got Pioneer rack from my mate, who also donated his old bar, grips and bar ends to the cause.
    Had to buy new cables, brake blocks and put in new cartridge bb. Ideally needs new seat post, wheels and tyres.
    _20170213_102823.JPG
    Can't imagine any bike thief bothering to even get the bolt cutters out the rucksack for it, even if they did, it weighs more than my house!
    But for some strange reason I quite like it.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2017