Show us your Raleigh?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My old Dyna-Tech, as previously uploaded in the Titanium thread

Bought back in 1994, from Kendells, in Castleford (owned by one of the best wheel builders around; Gary Proud)
Slightly amended, when it arrived, with 'dress-up' kit - good job too, as it had some damned odd sizes, from the factory
Ritchey stem 120mm (had a 80, or 90mm!!)
Scott 'Drop-Ins' 42cm (had 39cml!)
Ritchey seat-pin
Selle-Italia 'Flite'
Look PP196 (in blue-grey)

Campagnolo Chorus (172.5mm & 52/39) chainset & BB (arrived with 165mm cranks!!!!)
Used as a work-bike, 2010 - 2013, with the addition of Salmon Profil mudguards, & the Looks changed for SPDs
(superceded by the blue Ribble, for work)

All post 2004 pics

It's still hanging in the garage

2005. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 2.JPG 2007. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG 2007. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 5.JPG 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 1.JPG 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My 50 's Roadster

WP_20161027_002.jpg

My Raleigh M-Trax. Winterproof! View attachment 106274
And bombproof too I can confirm.When my Bear Valley was stolen,I bought a 400 and while it was heavy by today's standards,it was a quality frame (Reynolds 501 I think),and rode well.
Went into Dales one day to buy a Helmet and came out with a deposit receipt for a Pro-Flex,so I sold the M Trax.
I reckon it would still be doing me great service though,and by the looks of the newer Raleigh bikes on here they are back making very worthy rides.

U

User32269

And bombproof too I can confirm.When my Bear Valley was stolen,I bought a 400 and while it was heavy by today's standards,it was a quality frame (Reynolds 501 I think),and rode well.
Went into Dales one day to buy a Helmet and came out with a deposit receipt for a Pro-Flex,so I sold the M Trax.
I reckon it would still be doing me great service though,and by the looks of the newer Raleigh bikes on here they are back making very worthy rides.
I've killed my M trax, bent frame and snapped steerer!
Took everything salvageable off and am building up an old Raleigh Pioneer frame as a runaround. 7 gears, using the alivio stuff from dead M trax, got original Pioneer rack and guards from my mate who's just stripped one. Brand new bb in, cables, chain etc. Bits out the shed. Will have cost about £50 when complete.
DSC_0130.JPG

I've killed my M trax, bent frame and snapped steerer!
Took everything salvageable off and am building up an old Raleigh Pioneer frame as a runaround. 7 gears, using the alivio stuff from dead M trax, got original Pioneer rack and guards from my mate who's just stripped one. Brand new bb in, cables, chain etc. Bits out the shed. Will have cost about £50 when complete.
View attachment 336814

:ohmy:
I'm not going to even ask how you did that.
Mines survived being flipped in the air after a crash ,not a scratch.
The wheels were goosed though.

I do so wish they still made Dyna Tech MTB's.
Whilst Klein and Joe Breezers were a joy to look at ,I felt the DT's were "get the job done quickly " lovely.

U

User32269

Got the old Pioneer up and running. Used an old a head converter and single alloy crank from the shed, alivio rd from dead m-trax, original wheels and tyres. Got Pioneer rack from my mate, who also donated his old bar, grips and bar ends to the cause.
Had to buy new cables, brake blocks and put in new cartridge bb. Ideally needs new seat post, wheels and tyres.
_20170213_102823.JPG

Can't imagine any bike thief bothering to even get the bolt cutters out the rucksack for it, even if they did, it weighs more than my house!
But for some strange reason I quite like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom