Show us your Raleigh?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got the old Pioneer up and running. Used an old a head converter and single alloy crank from the shed, alivio rd from dead m-trax, original wheels and tyres. Got Pioneer rack from my mate, who also donated his old bar, grips and bar ends to the cause.
Had to buy new cables, brake blocks and put in new cartridge bb. Ideally needs new seat post, wheels and tyres.
View attachment 337437
Can't imagine any bike thief bothering to even get the bolt cutters out the rucksack for it, even if they did, it weighs more than my house!
But for some strange reason I quite like it.

For reasons not strange I like it too .
Looks a very solid well built bike,and I'm intrigued to know what the tyres are ?

U

User32269

For reasons not strange I like it too .
Looks a very solid well built bike,and I'm intrigued to know what the tyres are ?
Cheers. 700 x 35Cheng Shin Tires. Taiwans finest. Sidewalls not perished so they stay put.

DSC00002.JPG

My restored and modified 80s Routier this morning on a works trip to Exeter :smile:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've got my Criterium back on the road :smile:
32929874481_f2bba1094d_z.jpg

It's been out of action since October 2015 when I managed to detach the rear dropout from the chainstay on an audax, but after having the frame welded back together it's back in service and feels as nice as ever. I have replacement decals for it but they are waiting until I've decided about getting it powder coated.

View attachment 339159

It's been out of action since October 2015 when I managed to detach the rear dropout from the chainstay on an audax, but after having the frame welded back together it's back in service and feels as nice as ever. I have replacement decals for it but they are waiting until I've decided about getting it powder coated.
Looking good shroom,blue would set off those mudguards,fork and stem nicely

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
View attachment 339159

Unfortunately that only lasted a short time before the welded drop out failed again. So now I have a new(er) Raleigh Criterium 12 frame for it: -
33503593504_975680b497_z.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Strange isn't it? I don't think there's going to be any of us on here discussing what 3k carbon road bikes to buy on another thread. I wonder why?

In fact I was reading that thread and someone posted a video of carbon frame being sliced in half. Seems they're not so sh*t hot after all. Steel is real!

#mcshrooms failure not withstanding.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
My, believe it or not, first ever new bike at the age of around 42 I think.
chimera.jpg

Raleigh Chimera, Sora 8 speed, the bike was blinding, I did thousands of trouble free miles on it, rock solid wheels, a bit unforgiving on rough surfaces but it was one of my favourites simply because it saw me through my first forays into serious cycling and many miles of commuting.

I miss that one.

Top Bottom