1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Raleigh?!?

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by *Dusty*, 9 Sep 2015.

1. For reasons not strange I like it too .
    Looks a very solid well built bike,and I'm intrigued to know what the tyres are ?

2. odav

odav (';')

Cheers. 700 x 35Cheng Shin Tires. Taiwans finest. Sidewalls not perished so they stay put.

3. bonsaibilly

bonsaibilly Guest

DSC00002.JPG

My restored and modified 80s Routier this morning on a works trip to Exeter :smile:

4. odav

odav (';')

DSC_0136.JPG
    Took the Pioneer rat bike out for a little test ride with my son. Doesn't look much, but it rides nicely, smooth & quiet.

5. And that's all that matters really.

Cycleops and odav like this.
  6. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

I've got my Criterium back on the road :smile:
    32929874481_f2bba1094d_z.jpg

It's been out of action since October 2015 when I managed to detach the rear dropout from the chainstay on an audax, but after having the frame welded back together it's back in service and feels as nice as ever. I have replacement decals for it but they are waiting until I've decided about getting it powder coated.

Paul139, raleighnut, grecinos and 6 others like this.
  7. Looking good shroom,blue would set off those mudguards,fork and stem nicely

mcshroom likes this.
  8. Lostmiles

Lostmiles Active Member

Andrew's JO'G to Ft William Pics Sept 2011 009.jpg A rare shot of the "speed" machine. This was day one of JOG to Drumnadrochit via Bettyhill and Lairg 2011. A great start.
    We walked the canal to Fort William from there.

Rickshaw Phil and odav like this.
  9. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

Unfortunately that only lasted a short time before the welded drop out failed again. So now I have a new(er) Raleigh Criterium 12 frame for it: -
    33503593504_975680b497_z.jpg

10. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

I accidentally ended up doing just that :biggrin:

raleighnut likes this.
  11. robsa

robsa Senior Member

mcshroom likes this.
  12. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

yeah I commented on it yesterday , looks very nice, I suggested taking a look at the Raleigh twenty site, I thought I found them cheap enough but don't think I will beat a fiver, here is another of mine ,
    upload_2017-5-2_21-12-5.png mrs roadrash says I have an addiction problem

13. Salar

Salar Senior Member

Raleigh Routier(recently departed) and Pioneer.
    raleigh routier.JPG $_57.JPG

14. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Strange isn't it? I don't think there's going to be any of us on here discussing what 3k carbon road bikes to buy on another thread. I wonder why?

In fact I was reading that thread and someone posted a video of carbon frame being sliced in half. Seems they're not so sh*t hot after all. Steel is real!

#mcshrooms failure not withstanding.

Last edited: 6 May 2017
  15. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

My, believe it or not, first ever new bike at the age of around 42 I think.
    chimera.jpg
    Raleigh Chimera, Sora 8 speed, the bike was blinding, I did thousands of trouble free miles on it, rock solid wheels, a bit unforgiving on rough surfaces but it was one of my favourites simply because it saw me through my first forays into serious cycling and many miles of commuting.

I miss that one.