1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Raleigh?!?

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by *Dusty*, 9 Sep 2015.

1. odav

odav (';')

Got the old Pioneer up and running. Used an old a head converter and single alloy crank from the shed, alivio rd from dead m-trax, original wheels and tyres. Got Pioneer rack from my mate, who also donated his old bar, grips and bar ends to the cause.
    Had to buy new cables, brake blocks and put in new cartridge bb. Ideally needs new seat post, wheels and tyres.
    _20170213_102823.JPG
    Can't imagine any bike thief bothering to even get the bolt cutters out the rucksack for it, even if they did, it weighs more than my house!
    But for some strange reason I quite like it.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2017
  2. MarquisMatsugae

MarquisMatsugae Perestroika and Glasnost.Lovely people.Very clean.

For reasons not strange I like it too .
    Looks a very solid well built bike,and I'm intrigued to know what the tyres are ?

3. odav

odav (';')

Cheers. 700 x 35Cheng Shin Tires. Taiwans finest. Sidewalls not perished so they stay put.

4. bonsaibilly

bonsaibilly Senior Member

DSC00002.JPG

My restored and modified 80s Routier this morning on a works trip to Exeter :smile:

5. odav

odav (';')

DSC_0136.JPG
    Took the Pioneer rat bike out for a little test ride with my son. Doesn't look much, but it rides nicely, smooth & quiet.

6. MarquisMatsugae

And that's all that matters really.

odav likes this.
  7. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

I've got my Criterium back on the road :smile:
    32929874481_f2bba1094d_z.jpg

It's been out of action since October 2015 when I managed to detach the rear dropout from the chainstay on an audax, but after having the frame welded back together it's back in service and feels as nice as ever. I have replacement decals for it but they are waiting until I've decided about getting it powder coated.

Paul139, raleighnut, grecinos and 6 others like this.
  8. MarquisMatsugae

Looking good shroom,blue would set off those mudguards,fork and stem nicely

mcshroom likes this.