Show us your self builds...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I have had a Python frame used as a hybrid/knockabout bike for a year or so now. When I saw the frame for sale on the net, it drew me to it, such an unusual finish. Im not sure how its been achieved, its almost like its been anodised. Being a brand, although, not well known, known to me. I had every confidence that it would build up into a nice ride. It was about the same time that my interests where moving towards the off road scene, so, with that in mind, I invested the £29 and bought the frame. From there, I have gradually built it up to what you see in this post. It is a pleasure to ride in any circumstance, and gives me real confidence to try the nasty off road stuff that I had not yet been able to cover. There isn't much that I wont try now. There's been a few offs and a few scary moments, A few cuts and bruises, but my road based hybrid and my knockabout are gradually getting a layer of dust on them because where ever I am going or whatever im am doing, this bike is my ride of choice, for now anyway. SDC14281.JPG SDC14282.JPG SDC14284.JPG

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
This is how it started
IMG_0061.JPG

Then it looked like this
IMG_0071.JPG

Then This
IMG_0230.JPG

Now it looks like this
IMAG0916.jpg

I guess you call it 'Work in Progress'
I'll post the finished result in a couple of weeks.....hopefully!!

IMAG0954.jpg

2015 Upgrades now complete, complete with winter wheels and crudcatchers.

Last edited:

Cubist

Still wavin'
View attachment 78023
Not exactly a self build but have taken the complete bike apart. Above is how my bike looked new but I bought second hand in a non working condition. Recently changed various parts and now it looks like this... View attachment 78022
Doñe a good job there, looks like a real mile- muncher. Have you considered slamming the stem, or flipping it and adding flat bars?

HOU5EY

Doñe a good job there, looks like a real mile- muncher. Have you considered slamming the stem, or flipping it and adding flat bars?
I've added flat bars, you can't really see in the first photo. I've just watched a tutorial on slamming stems, I must say I am tempted but I might try just by moving the stem down and putting the spacers above just to see if it is comfortable
image.jpg

Top Bottom