Show us your self builds...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
My new MTB .. Gave my old hardrock to my daughter when the Giant arrived last month but really missed having a MTB

Is a mixture of new bits, stuff from the shed and ebay bargains

newbike_zpsls9qvlly.jpg

LoftusRoadie

As someone who is still quite proud of himself being able to put on a new inner tube, I am genuinely in awe of you and your self builds. There are some I prefer to others but you should all take a bow!

S.Giles

This used to be a mountain bike. One day I'll probably get around to re-building the back wheel to match the front one!

mh63k6.jpg

teddydove

Originally built this up as a wet weather/around town bike, but when I moved I no longer had room for quite so many bikes, so I fitted a better set of wheels and it became my all-rounder.

View attachment 55149

Peugeot PGN-10 frameset (Reynolds 501)
Fulcrum Racing 7 wheelset
Shimano UN55 BB
Stronglight ST55 crankset
Shimano PD-M530 pedals
Shimano 8 speed cassette
Brand-X seatpost
Charge Spoon Saddle

Pictured are Vittoria Rubino tires, but it's now running Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

Cockpit and rear dérailleur are original after stripping down, cleaning and polishing.

teddydove

Originally built this up as a wet weather/around town bike, but when I moved I no longer had room for quite so many bikes, so I fitted a better set of wheels and it became my all-rounder.

View attachment 55149

Peugeot PGN-10 frameset (Reynolds 501)
Fulcrum Racing 7 wheelset
Shimano UN55 BB
Stronglight ST55 crankset
Shimano PD-M530 pedals
Shimano 8 speed cassette
Brand-X seatpost
Charge Spoon Saddle

Pictured are Vittoria Rubino tires, but it's now running Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

Cockpit and rear dérailleur are original after stripping down, cleaning and polishing.

AndyRM

XOXO
View attachment 82687 Built and painted by me at home from a damaged cervelo r5 frame made up with sram rival 22

View attachment 82686

Don't leave it near any chip shops!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Girl build :blush: (with instruction as its my first one with my Bezzie who is a bike mechanic ... Thusly his shop and tools .... And expertise ^_^)
Custom sprayed by a friend in exchange for a frame ... Started but still to be completed ... This is Charlie ...
View attachment 62929 View attachment 62930 View attachment 62931

Got this far in a day and ran out of time ... :shy:
Wowsers... looks lush.

Even has a colour matched knobbly wash rag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom