Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm really not keen on the look of brooks saddles generally

I might stick a black saddle on it and deal with the aesthetics

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
image.jpg
Here she is with the new wheels, tyres and a blacker but hopefully more comfy saddle (rear seems ok after today's leisurely 30 miles)...and fewer weeds than in my garden!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
That looks lovely. Is it a fairly new Mercian?
Yes, I've only done a couple of hundred miles on it

Very Classy Mercian :smile:. Is it a modern Strada Speciale

Shaun

Well spotted, it is indeed

my Genesis Equilibrium loaded up for the recent Exmouth Exodus - its stayed dry for the most part this year, but after last years deluge, it was a good idea to make the route sheets waterproof :okay:

IMAG1519.jpg

I absolutely love this bike.

Edit: Forgot to mention the nice guy at Road.CC for giving me a free pair of their socks when mine decided to give up the ghost.

Last edited:

earlestownflya

my Genesis Equilibrium loaded up for the recent Exmouth Exodus - its stayed dry for the most part this year, but after last years deluge, it was a good idea to make the route sheets waterproof :okay:

View attachment 103733

I absolutely love this bike.

Edit: Forgot to mention the nice guy at Road.CC for giving me a free pair of their socks when mine decided to give up the ghost.
great bike...looks super comfy,don't blame you for loving it

dave marsh.9 speed campag record throughout ,unsure of the age of the frame..60s,70s? 531 fully chromed fork off,carbon one on.all a mix of 80,s,90s and brand new View attachment 103828 View attachment 103829

i'm gonna have to return the compliment regarding your bike - that is a thing if beauty. that paintwork is just sparkling.

out of interest, what did you do with the old forks? I may be in the market for a pair of those myself.

Top Bottom