Show us your tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wondering if there are any other tandem owners out there. Here's the Landescape that my wife and I ride, bought from Peter Bird's Tandem Shop in Ironbridge three years ago. Fully custom, Al frame, carbon forks, rides very nicely indeed. Prior to this we rode a Dawes Galaxy for ten years which was great at the time but the Landy surpasses it on everything.

6564410487_31c8332aab.jpg

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Prior to this we rode a Dawes Galaxy for ten years which was great at the time but the Landy surpasses it on everything.

my bold.
It should do considering the difference in cost which buys you a lot of Birdy know-how & attention to detail which is of course absent in a mass produced machine benefiting from the economies of relative mass production.

I'm an ex-owner of a Dawes Two Down tandem & have recently become pilot to a stoker who owns a Galaxy Twin.
I'll try to get some pics next time we ride

garydavies44

Wondering if there are any other tandem owners out there. Here's the Landescape that my wife and I ride, bought from Peter Bird's Tandem Shop in Ironbridge three years ago. Fully custom, Al frame, carbon forks, rides very nicely indeed. Prior to this we rode a Dawes Galaxy for ten years which was great at the time but the Landy surpasses it on everything.

Nice bike. We're considering buying a bike from The Tandem Shop and would like to know more about the one you got if possible.

garydavies44

Sure. What would you like to know ?
Hi Flick
Good, bad, pros, cons, what would your change etc etc?
I'm currently comparing comotion vs Landescape.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
All good. Bought 4 years ago, no problems at all. Rides very well, the ride is both smoother and more rigid than our previous Galaxy. They put you on a jig and transfer the dimensions into the frame design, ie completely made to measure and really does fit like a glove. We knew exactly what we wanted it for so the discussion in the shop about components was quite straightforward. 100% happy customers :thumbsup:

marcusjb

Marcus
Why did you sell your Landescape and buy a comotion? I'm considering both options.

Our Landescape was slightly too large for us and didn't have S&S, so we had been planning to replace it for a while.

The Co-Motion is just fabulous - a really great ride. The Rohloff is taking some getting used to, but we're loving the dual Carbon Drives at the moment and flying with it was relatively pain free.

It opens up so many more possibilities for tours in the future. The S&S may have cost a small fortune, but worth every penny if it allows us to tour anywhere we want with relative ease.

LimeBurn

Über Member
My birthday present last year from my lovely Wife - A dawes Galaxy of the super variety I think. Resprayed by Vernon Barker. Excuse the Bar tape as this will be replaced for the coming summer for something more suitable and less loud, as will the 2 saddles, a longer chain and maybe might even change the bars on the front to a straight set to match the back (it did have drops on the rear but not only did the wife not like them my ample backside didn't want to fit between the hoods :laugh:. It rides lovely and smooth, am sure its not up to the same as the lovely Landescape that the OP posted but for a first tandem it'll do us.

tandem2.jpg

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Nothing wrong with Dawes Galaxy, we had 10 years and thousands of miles of enjoyment out of our 1993 model.
Do you know what year yours is ? I notice yours has a Marathon design with the reinforcing tube split into stays to the dropouts. This is more expensive to produce than the more basic direct lateral design down to the rear bottom bracket so I'm surprised to see this on a Dawes, it's more usual on custom built frames.

Top Bottom