Show us your tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
Nothing wrong with Dawes Galaxy, we had 10 years and thousands of miles of enjoyment out of our 1993 model.
Do you know what year yours is ? I notice yours has a Marathon design with the reinforcing tube split into stays to the dropouts. This is more expensive to produce than the more basic direct lateral design down to the rear bottom bracket so I'm surprised to see this on a Dawes, it's more usual on custom built frames.
No Idea what year it is unfortunately - My wife bought it and got it for a bit of a bargain price and was so excited she forgot to ask any questions at all. Is there a way I can tell?? I presumed all galaxys were just spit into the normal, super and ultra types. Although Ive only seen normal and super tandems before, due to the tubing I gather mine is the Super version.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with Dawes Galaxy, .

My brother and sister-in-law had years of trouble free use from their Dawes tandem.

It fell into disuse, as these things often do.

Brother was pleased when it sold for close to what he paid for it.

U

User42423

1905 Chater-Lea Tandem.JPG

Does this qualify to be in this section?. My 1905 Chater Lea No: 8 'lady-back' tandem. Only ridden it once (solo), very wobbly!!.

VJOCK

Über Member
Our 15ishyear old thorn explorer. A beauty and never an issue. jinks.
My eldest now comes on on it with me. The frame it sits in we made one Sunday evening so it can be moved about the bike shed more easily to get at trikes, also, more easily. It turns out my grandfather and grandmother were also tandem fans and used to tour Ireland on one. I never met grandmother and only met grandfather a few times before he passed away so never knew until recently when my mum reminised. At least I know nowwhere I got the bike bug from.
image.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Posted before but not in the tandem section. Built earlier this year for my granddaughter and me. She loves pink.:okay:
tandem_1.jpg

Top Bottom