Show us your tent!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
d92a1e9b-cd01-87a1.jpg

My Vango Banshee 300 pitched on the backs of Loch Lomond whilst doing the west highland way

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
d92a1e9b-cd83-e040.jpg

I also have a Vango Theta 300 for camping Witt he misses

TNF0005.jpg

I have one of these bad boys. 3½ season (4 season - snow flaps), 2kg, I can sit up in it and it pitches on 3 pegs. With the poles in the highest tension eyes it is completely rigid.

zzpza

I'm envious of the Hilleberg Akto. :smile: Here's my Vango Banshee (chosen for it's small pack size, low cost and light weight) on Dartmoor when I was wild camping:
4959524537_696f3d4ccb_z.jpg
Candle Lantern by zzpza, on Flickr
I've used it there for the last three years running on solo trips. I've ditched the tent pegs made out of anvils and gone for titanium alloy ones (I know, I got them cheap off eBay otherwise I wouldn't have paid that much). All my ti tent pegs together weigh less than two of the original ones.

G2EWS

In bed on the iPad so will put up photos of my errr 'tent' tomorrow!

It will be in use tomorrow as I have organised a beer festival at the Woodbridge pub just outside North Newton nr Pewsey for this weekend. Basically loads of mates turning up bringing real ale from their local brewery.

We have a fire pit going all weekend. Marquee to put the beer in and anyone who can sing or play an instrument. BBQ's and basically lots of fun.

Anyone interested let me know. As I say I will be there from Thursday.

Regards

Chris

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2019652, member: 9609"]
My other tent is a super expensive, super lightweight job (about 850g) can't remember name or make!
I think it's the same as mine, and I can't remember the name either:smile: . Here's mine somewhere near Gorinchem in the :rain: that was The Netherlands last "summer" DSCF3560.JPG .
[/quote]

Hilleberg Nammatj 3 GT used on tour, this was just north of the Lofoten Islands in Norway. we did have an incident with a lemming in the far north of norway which chewed its way into the tent during the 'night' (24 hour daylight at the time).
IMG_0450_1024.JPG

Bivvying in Sweden somewhere in a swamp forest - great fun (ish).

IMG_1540_1024.JPG

Vango Force Ten mk 4 (not carried on the bikes) on the beach at Bhaltos on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. Great wild pitch with picnic bench and water at the end, and public toilets about 1/2 mile away down the beach (at the campsite!)

img_8749_8750_1_800.jpg

bigjim

Legendary Member
And as for winter camping in the glens - I go for something a little more comfortable - And the dog seems to prefer the down bag
Is that a converted van? Can't make it out. Looks comfy, more details please?

Andy Davies

179149_10151027801000782_1536318476_n.jpg

Our Vango Icarus 600, with canopy. We had to buy the canopy after a few days camping in torrential rain in Dorset in June/July this year...it was a godsend!

Hoping to buy a Vango Tempest to go bike touring with next year for a few nights in Norfolk...

My Vango Icarus 500 with canopy. Will need a trailer as too much for a ford fiesta to cope with.

I have a vango super light 200 for lightweight camping.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352846393.820882.jpg

And my 6 year old daughter on her islabike
umabu4yj.jpg

Top Bottom