Show us your tent!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cnb

Veteran
DSCN0087.JPG

Hicky

Guru
Update from an earlier page, here's the new offering. A Vango Illusion 500XL polycotton.
I like the space available in the Vango compared to the ESVO pyramid(this has tenkate cotton so is hard to beat) but the packsize of the Vango is mahoooosive(note the trailer to the rear of the tent!).
Hellhound at the Ms feet and child version 3.0 in hand(both beautiful people!) and the trusty Volvo family wagon.
At Dinham farm last Aug bank hol.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Update from an earlier page, here's the new offering. A Vango Illusion 500XL polycotton.
I like the space available in the Vango compared to the ESVO pyramid(this has tenkate cotton so is hard to beat) but the packsize of the Vango is mahoooosive(note the trailer to the rear of the tent!).
Hellhound at the Ms feet and child version 3.0 in hand(both beautiful people!) and the trusty Volvo family wagon.
At Dinham farm last Aug bank hol.
View attachment 635857
That'll need one hell of a trailer for a cycle tour! 😁

figbat

Slippery scientist
A thread revived from before my time - best keep it alive now it spins reawoken…

16B5F577-F989-42DF-B995-1CE1111E9074.jpeg

Coleman Da Gama 6 with extension and carpet. This picture was taken during Storm Francis and was the last time we used the tent, having upgraded to a caravan as a direct consequence of this camping trip. The tent survived intact thanks to constant attention throughout the storm but it wasn’t a lot of fun. We still have the tent though, must get around to selling it. It was good whilst it lasted.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Got 2 :okay: An everyday Vango tunnel which is roomy and robust and a mountain hardwear for when a storm is blowing in. I like plenty of room so buy 3 person tents, you cant swing a cat in a single person but then cat swinging in a tent probably isnt a good hobby or pastime :laugh:

not sure how i came across this thtread, but since I have, can I ask, all these years later, whether you used it/how you found it?

I have a halo 300XD (XD is the extra tough version meant for marauding scouts) which I got for a bargain price.

https://www.dofe.org/shopping/recommendation/vango-halo-xd-300-tent/

But it weighs 5.12kg, maybe more - it's not been on the back of the bike yet. I think I could only use it for very local trips.

(I bought it after some guy online raved about its merits - later the sod admitted that he had to ride for miles and miles of an evening finding some wild spot suitable to pitch the fortress)

Last edited:
not sure how i came across this thtread, but since I have, can I ask, all these years later, whether you used it/how you found it?
I used the tent about a dozen times intermittently (no pun intended) in the last 11 years.
I bought it with the intention (no pun intended there, either) of it being a spacious two-man tent for me and the misses, rather than buying the smaller model for two.
I like having two doors and the storage space offered.
Once you’ve put it up a few times, then it only takes a few minutes to ’master’ your technique and than pack it down ’small’ and tidy.
It’s feels secure and safe in strong winds and the inside stayed dry in the rain - although I’ve not been in it during a long torrential downpour.
I had a simple set-up: two rear Ortlieb panniers, the tent on top of the rear rack, and a small bar bag.
I’m a single person now and have a one-man tent that I use on the (increasingly fewer) occasions I do a one-nighter.
:smile:

Holy thread resurection Batman!
but a good one - had often wondered why there was no such thread - thanks to the resurrection it was highlighted in the side panel.
Lots of old pics for sure (even taking into account the age of some of the posts) and rather too many carcamping pics with mega tents - but here's hoping for more bike and tent pics in wondrous surroundings - folks still use and enjoy tents camping in the 2020s I think,

FrothNinja

Veteran
A mates pic of me from a few decades ago. I was packing the tent away after a booze soaked annual Shropshire Conservation Project BBQ weekend at Earls Hill. The Emmelle must have been very new. I bought it with the money I got selling my Jawa combo.
Think this is my 1000th post too.
+HM 1989 July 23 Shropshire Conservation Project BBQ, Earls Hill - Copy.jpg

Top Bottom