Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Basic set-up completed, still needs a proper run for saddle position, bar rotation, etc.
Spa Cycles Elan Ti with titanium seat post & upgraded hand built wheels. IMG_20170707_144022270.jpg IMG_20170707_144022270.jpg IMG_20170707_144053299.jpg IMG_20170707_144211000.jpg

Two problems - no saddle in the box so I've fitted a Charge Spoon from another bike, but more serious was that I'd asked for an 11-28 cassette instead of the 11-32 standard one. Having wondered why it wasn't indexed and I thought I was mis-counting the changes when given a quick run round the block I counted the cogs - they'd fitted a 10 speed version not the 11 speed. Quick call to Spa and they're putting the correct bits in the post.
Meanwhile I've fitted a 11-32 11 speed which I had in the shed and am off for a ride.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Rebuilt again

Ciello rosso 54cm Ti frame
105 crank c/w 40t n/w chainring
Shimano deore hydraulic brakes
Sram nx rear shifter
Sram nx rear derraulier
Sram 11-42 cassette
Sram chain
Hsons handbuilt wheels
Schwalbe 32mm road cruisers - gumwall
Fizik saddle

20170722_173332.jpg

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My Spa Cycles Elan 'Arborium Chirimo' about to depart on the recent 100 mile Exmouth Exodus night get ride. (Bike on the right)

Archetype H Plus Son wheels (hand built) Schmidt Dyno Hub and Edulux II. C17 and a Tubus Vega Evo holding an Ortlieb rack bag I'm learning to appreciate. I went for a 105 triple (West Country lumps and managing an old knee injury)
IMG_0112.JPG

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Rebuilt again

Ciello rosso 54cm Ti frame
105 crank c/w 40t n/w chainring
Shimano deore hydraulic brakes
Sram nx rear shifter
Sram nx rear derraulier
Sram 11-42 cassette
Sram chain
Hsons handbuilt wheels
Schwalbe 32mm road cruisers - gumwall
Fizik saddle

View attachment 363523
Its having another conversion done to it

Managed to get a brand new set of sram rival 1 hydraulic brakes/shifters and some clement strada lgg 32mm gumwalls.......so its going back to a drop bar again

I love messing with the commuter set up. Sticking with 1x11 though

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Just realised its in the wrong thread! Apologies. Not one bit of ti in this bike...:cursing:

I noticed that. Thought it was a dark joke. I'm very keen on real steel too, but hijacking a Ti thread is beyond the pale. Into the furnace with you.

*Been servicing my daughter's "91 Dawes Super Galaxy today. Aaaaahhhh. Steel is a delight.

Top Bottom