Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I've also managed to get a brand new Ultegra 12sp Di2 groupset at a very responsible price to, so happy days.

Just ordered a pair of GP5000 All Season 28mm tubeless tyres, so once they arrive and fitted to my Hunt 40mm carbon wheels, the fun can begin putting it all together!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Needless to say and despite everything l said about Kinesis back in February, look what arrived today

so did they drop their price of a replacement frame in the end?

AlanW

Guru
My Kinesis Ti rebuild is nearing completion and my mind is now about adding the finer finishing touches. Namely bottle cages?

As least with a painted frame you can go with bottles that have a splash of colour or be a tad boring and stick with all black. Them l thought, why not go for titanium bottle cages, other than the cost, why not?

Any possible suggestions, ideally with some photographic evidence to support your suggestion?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My Kinesis Ti rebuild is nearing completion and my mind is now about adding the finer finishing touches. Namely bottle cages?

As least with a painted frame you can go with bottles that have a splash of colour or be a tad boring and stick with all black. Them l thought, why not go for titanium bottle cages, other than the cost, why not?

Any possible suggestions, ideally with some photographic evidence to support your suggestion?

I bought 1 Ti bottle cage as it's all they had in stock, but then couldn't match it up :blush: On a couple of my Ti bikes i've fit stainless cages, much cheaper than Ti & look very similar :okay:
https://www.cyclechat.net/media/e2.10623/full?d=1532612442

My new Ti bike I've gone for pink cages, but not sure about them, so ordered another to try. I'll post pics once I'm happy with it :okay:

AlanW

Guru
Surely with a Ti frame, cages, stem spacers, bolts etc are chance to add a splash of colour?

On one hand l agree while on t'other hand disagrees. Lets be honest, once you have seen one titanium bike you have really seen them all.
On my last titanium frame , l had red Hope bottom bracket shells, red Hope bar ends, red Hope skewers and a red Hope headset cap. Oh, black and red bottle cages.
Now initially l really liked it, but after a while l decided that it looked like a tarts handbag (no offense to anyone else that has a similar colour combination) and swapped everything over to boring black, again no offence to anyone for has this colour combination either!
This new build will be all black components again, which sort of limits bottle cage colour choice?
I do quite like oil effect bottle cages, (but dont like the price) as they would maybe go with the blue etching on the downtube?

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tightwad option: LifeLine ones. £2.49. Match Ti nicely.

Glad to hear you got a positive result in the end!

Last edited:
Top Bottom