Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
Found one for steel and carbon but not for titanium so i thought i would get the ball rolling.

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

Have got some plans to change some of the kit fitted to the bike.

Have a set of Easton Carbon Wing bars turning up tomorrow and going t order a new saddle in a few weeks time. then going to get a set of Mavic wheels.

This is what i use for my commute bike ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Can't really see those photos, might be better taking them from the other side so they are lit by the sun, or in some shade and using a bit of fill-in flash.

Looks nice though, I think. ;)

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
Will get some better pics over the weekend as these where taken with my Iphone which is not great. Should have the new bars on by then too.

dodgy

potnoodle said:
Will get some better pics over the weekend as these where taken with my Iphone which is not great. Should have the new bars on by then too.

The Iphone can take fairly decent photos, even a decent DSLR would have struggled to take the same picture with the sun behind :smile: Looks like a series of silhouettes :sad:

Is it a Planet X per chance? I have one, too :smile:

dodgy

My Winter/bad weather bike to complement my carbon good weather bike. The mudguards have now been adjusted better since the picture was taken and the stays trimmed down :sad:

PlanetxTisportive.jpg

Jezston

Über Member
NOOB QUESTION TIME

What are the advantages of titanium over other materials? Don't seem to see many bikes made out of it...

dodgy

Jezston said:
NOOB QUESTION TIME

What are the advantages of titanium over other materials? Don't seem to see many bikes made out of it...

No corrosion.
No need for paint.
Scratches can be buffed out with light sand paper.
Gives a very forgiving and comfortable ride.
Strong for its weight.
Likely to survive a crash well.
Doesn't 'work harden' (like some alloys can - i.e. become brittle over time)

There are more, but that's off the top of my head!

Top Bottom