Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NapoleonD

Pimped up my Litespeed today... (This is normally my winter/training bike, just changed the wheels for this shot...)

LitespeedZipps.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Feeling a little inadequate now...
This is my Dynatech 401Ti frame.
It's the first road bike I had, and so I can't bear to get rid of it. I have nascent plans to make a SS or fixie from it. Photo doesn't really do it justice.
CRIM0012.jpg

dodgy

I'd love to build an old dynatech frame up. They are very evocative for me, reminds me of when I first got into cycling in the late 80s.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Has it got its own bedroom, Doc?

TheDoctor said:
Feeling a little inadequate now...
This is my Dynatech 401Ti frame.
It's the first road bike I had, and so I can't bear to get rid of it. I have nascent plans to make a SS or fixie from it. Photo doesn't really do it justice.
CRIM0012.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Heh-heh. That's a dining table with an old towel on it for a neutral background.
Does look a bit like a small bed, I'll grant you, but it isn't.
I have been known to share a room with that frame and three other bikes in the dim and distant past (well, a couple of years ago).

P.H

Über Member
My Planet X Sportive, glistening today in the sunshine. Bought the frame over a year ago but it hasn't yet had much use. Took me a few months to build it up, then the Enigma Ti fork was recalled in Feb for a replacement that never happened. Currently with a cheap but decent carbon fork, though long term if I can't find a suitable Ti one it'll probably get steel. Also been a bit disappointed with the frame mudguard clearance. It was sold as suitable for 25mm and mudguards, you could at a squeeze, but IMO not safely except maybe on perfect tarmac. I'd built it up and ridden it a fair bit before trying to fit the mudguards, if I'd noticed straight away I'd have sent it back. Luckily it's a comfy frame even with 23mm tyres.
So. I'll reserve judgment till I've ridden it another few thousand miles, but on todays ride in the sunshine it was everything I'd hoped it would be.
planetxinthesunshine.jpg

d70ar9

I have finally got my new Planet X Ti Sportive - it was built up using all that i could salvage from my old Trek which was written off by a Taxi...

New Saddle

Old Shots

Frame: Planet X Ti Sportive
Forks: Columbus Tusk Light
Groupset: Sram Rival
Wheels: Planet X Model B
Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano

P.H

Über Member
That's really nice, about as different from mine as you could get with the same frame.  Though you've fitted the brooks before me!  That must be one of the last Linskey built frames, that partnership was never going to last long with PX selling frames for half the price of Linskey's own branded frames.

d70ar9

Yeah i think there were 3 frames left after i got mine - however the new Van Nicholas ones are still supposed to be good.

I put the Brooks on immediately then switched to a Romin for a few weeks but have just gone back to the Brooks you can't beat its comfort. Like you i was disappointed at the lack of mudguard coverage - i can only just squeeze a pair of Mr Cruds on with 23 tyres. Although i love my bike i think in hindsight i may have gone for the Sabbath Silk Route frameset which is available around a similar price but is much more versatile...

Top Bottom