Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
here are some better pictures of mine.

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

have added a new saddle and relaced the outer gear cable with Goodridge braided outer since these pics.

nr.

P1010459_sm.jpg

Still needs the chain fitting, obviously, but here's my winter project. Far more details (just in case anyone is even remotely interested) at http://nronketti.wordpress.com/

A quick rundown: Sp!n Spitfire Ti frame, carbon fork and Ti headet. Planet-X model B wheels. Sram Apex groupset. Giant Contact bars and stem. Fizik Arione saddle. Dreadful £5 seatpost from eBay that I can't wait to throw in the bin once my finances have recovered. Shimano 105 pedals.

Hope you like it.

Garz

Squat Member
Just reading your blog nr. sounds like a fantastic project, cant wait to see more updates mate!

I'm just breaking in my new Ti steed (Enigma) and on these rough UK roads it soaks up the buzz like no other compared to my older alu framed machine!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Ed is that the lynskey helix? if so lets have the full storey

that bar tape has to go

very nice frame

ed!

Short version:
- Lynskey Helix frame
- Chris King headset
- Alpha Q GS40 fork
- Campag groupset (record levers and chainset, chorus front and rear mech, centaur cassette)
- KMC gold chain (with titatium coated / oxide whatchamacallit thingymabob)
- Mavic SSC Brakes
- Deda Newton stem and bars
- Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels
- Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
- Fizik Arione CX Braided saddle
- Shimano M520 SPD pedals

Some time around May 2010, I wanted to build a "Sunday best" bike, especially as my friends had nice carbon bikes. I figured I'd want something that would last (I didn't think I'd buy any more bikes after this), so felt Ti was the way to go. I got a lot of advice from a friend of mine who has several Ti bikes. I was going to go for one of the Planet X Ti frames, especially as they had the Lynskey made ones at the time, but when I came across the Helix frameset on ebay, took a huge punt.

I cherry picked the remaining components from numerous places, including ebay, forums and retailers. I managed to put it together a month or so ago, and ridden it a couple of times, but not enough to really realise the difference. Given that I have since got a new CX bike from Condor, I really can save this for dry days / summer :-)

@Aperitif: There is a small unpainted section (chain stay)...so it is baby oilable!

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
hang on,

a ti bike doesn't need dry days. minty set up, must have dropped a fair few for the frame and groupo. All the way on the lynskey frames, I'm picking up my sportive on tuesday, been waiting since mid october for it. Oh my days, I'll be like a child again when that bad boy comes home :biggrin:

enjoy

mike-L

Very jealous of all of you. Planet X have big delay on the Road Ti, not sure I can wait for the summer so I'm going to look at Burls - looks similar value. Anyone got a recent one?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Very jealous of all of you. Planet X have big delay on the Road Ti, not sure I can wait for the summer so I'm going to look at Burls - looks similar value. Anyone got a recent one?

Not yet, but agreed my final drawings a week or so ago, there are a few floating around and not heard any negatives yet. Of course, now that I've commited and parted with some readies, negatives will come flooding out of the woodwork.

mike-L

MacB - very keen to watch your build! Did you go for a proper fit or send measurements?
Start a thread when you can.

Not yet, but agreed my final drawings a week or so ago, there are a few floating around and not heard any negatives yet. Of course, now that I've commited and parted with some readies, negatives will come flooding out of the woodwork.

Top Bottom