Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've joined the club. Got the frame today, over 20 years old but doesn't look it. I've still not got all the parts to put on it yet, but a new project is underway^_^
hlZLJnl.jpg

dcXi2rx.jpg

EDIT; and here it is built up.
7rtL6I4.jpg

UIaIbXg.jpg

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got myself a set of Ti bolts for my 2 steeds. Fitted to Van Nic bottle cages already
full.jpg

Got a set to fit to the Enigma, hopefully later today, along with a set of drilled Ti washers for the mudguard mounts :becool:
full.jpg

edit - fit all bolts & washers to the Enigma & I reckon paying extra for the drilled washers may have been a waste, can't see tham at all under the bolt head 🤔

Last edited:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Liking that Moots... and pretty much any other ti my eye spies.

I can’t believe it’s been almost 7 years since I posted on this thread! Nothing has been added to my small rare metals* collection, unless you count the bolt which I bought for some reason.

0fE47Z5.jpg

Can be used as currency in a post-apocalyptic world

Here are my Enigma Esprit and Litespeed Blue Ridge leading the pack:

sccylI6.jpg

4 bikes, 4 gears

*OK, titanium is apparently the 9th most common element. Right after hubris.

Yet another Elan. Arrived on Monday, my first road bike. It's a brilliant piece of kit, I don't want to get off it it's so good

Attachments

• 20200414_121441_resized.jpg
    20200414_121441_resized.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 28

Jenkins

Legendary Member
From right to left - Spa Elan (with the red Hope light) ::: Van Nicholas Ventus - the one that started it all 5 1/2 years ago, all decals removed and running on Campag Zonda wheels ::: flat bar build based on an On-One Pickenflick frame & forks ::: bog standard Van Nicholas Ventus SE picked up as a clearance direct from VN and used as my main commuter

From right to left - Spa Elan (with the red Hope light) ::: Van Nicholas Ventus - the one that started it all 5 1/2 years ago, all decals removed and running on Campag Zonda wheels ::: flat bar build based on an On-One Pickenflick frame & forks ::: bog standard Van Nicholas Ventus SE picked up as a clearance direct from VN and used as my main commuter
Nice.

The seatstays look slightly more forgiving on the original Ventus than on the SE? But that may be a trick of the light/angle of photo.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nice.

The seatstays look slightly more forgiving on the original Ventus than on the SE? But that may be a trick of the light/angle of photo.
It's probably the angle or the light as they are the same frame - the SE is the basic bike supplied direct from Van Nicholas and the other one is the retail version supplied by Fatbirds. There's very slight differences in the spec only, but I've upgraded/tarted up a few of the bits on the one with no decals as it was my 50th birthday present to myself.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Glad you posted that too, as I thought the 2nd was a Ventus, then saw the 4th & thought, no that looks more like a Ventus :laugh: Got mine about 4 or 5 years ago & started my love affair with Ti too. Mine was only about £1400, should have bought 2 ^_^

Top Bottom