Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
It’s from around 2010.

the cantis are TRP magnesium, very trick!

T4tomo

Guru
Good lord - Cantis! Surely not a recent model - this is like seeing a mint condition DB5 on the high street !!!
but if you don't have disc brakes, Canti's allow you to fit decent volume tyre if you are off roading (or like more comfort:okay:) and still play nicely with drop bar lever (and look much nice than mini V's, which just about work with drop bar levers)

Gunk

Guru
but if you don't have disc brakes, Canti's allow you to fit decent volume tyre if you are off roading (or like more comfort:okay:) and still play nicely with drop bar lever (and look much nice than mini V's, which just about work with drop bar levers)

I really like them, plus they have a lovely engineering elegance about them.

No "but" required (there is nothing wrong with a DB5!)
@Gunk which model is that? The VN range is quite complex over time. I may well have missed that one ...
(I've got a 2007-ish Airborne Valkyrie - the ancient ancestor - with dual-pivots.)

I have a replacement Amazon frame from 2018. It has fittings for all types of brakes. Whatever takes your fancy.
Ah right - I didn't fancy a bike with fittings for discs. I think there are compromises with the frame-fork design for the different braking loads. (Probably moot whether they matter, but that was my thinking when I was looking at VNs ... )

I'm still sherioshly considering a custom Ti build with cantis.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ah right - I didn't fancy a bike with fittings for discs. I think there are compromises with the frame-fork design for the different braking loads. (Probably moot whether they matter, but that was my thinking when I was looking at VNs ... )

I'm still sherioshly considering a custom Ti build with cantis.

For the fork you can still get them with fittings for cantis etc. So you can have cantis front and rear or cantis front, disk rear etc.

Top Bottom