Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
View attachment 593461

Short test ridden: very nice so far, will get used to the SRAM gears and swapped the stem to a slightly shorter / riser one 💕
Update now with my ancient Brooks B17 Professional Standard ... to replace stock saddle :sad:

IMG_20210614_194456.jpg

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I've been tempted by one of those for some time. Thanks to a 10% discount code and still being able to use the interest free credit, I've just placed the order!

That will make it Ti bike number 5.
I'm.very much enjoying it, I have a VN Euros as well. Both very different but the VN is 15 years old next week. Hopefully get out on some East Yorkshire hills at the weekend, downpours allowing. The stock seat was awful :shy:. Enjoy yours :cheers:

You F*****s!

How tempting are these Ti bikes?

The last thing I need is this sort of thread, lovely.

Venod

Eh up
I have an OnOne Pickenflick CX that I use off road and with guards as a wet weather winter bike, it's fine but the guards are an interference off road in the mud, so being down to three bikes I thought a new winter steel build would be good, a visit to Spa to look at their excellent 725 Elan frames was needed, I wanted QR because I have three sets of 10 speed disc wheels to share with the Pickenflick.
They have the Elan in Ti as well with a new Mk2 version, with through axle and flat mount brakes, which meant the Mk1 version with QR and post mount was on sale, as nice as the 725 frames are, I couldn't resit the draw of Ti, its not the lightest or best looking Ti bike I have owned, but there is something about its industrial feel and look I like.
I intended to fit Spyres but couldn't find them in stock anywhere, I spotted some cheap Chinese copies on Ebay and thought I would try them and replace them later if no good, but they work as well as the Spyres but no individual pad adjustment and the finish is not as good, but only £9 a caliper !
The seatpost is off my Synapse fitted with a shim, I have a Carbon one the correct diameter on order.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have an OnOne Pickenflick CX that I use off road and with guards as a wet weather winter bike, it's fine but the guards are an inference off road in the mud, so being down to three bikes I thought a new winter steel build would be good, a visit to Spa to look at their excellent 725 Elan frames was needed, I wanted QR because I have three sets of 10 speed disc wheels to share with the Pickenflick.
They have the Elan in Ti as well with a new Mk2 version, with through axle and flat mount brakes, which meant the Mk1 version with QR and post mount was on sale, as nice as the 725 frames are, I couldn't resit the draw of Ti, its not the lightest or best looking Ti bike I have owned, but there is something about its industrial feel and look I like.
I intended to fit Spyres but couldn't find them in stock anywhere, I spotted some cheap Chinese copies on Ebay and thought I would try them and replace them later if no good, but they work as well as the Spyres but no individual pad adjustment and the finish is not as good, but only £9 a caliper !
The seatpost is off my Synapse fitted with a shim, I have a Carbon one the correct diameter on order. View attachment 600585
Welcome to the Elan Ti fold!

Top Bottom