Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zingano

It’s a lovely bike - really smooth and I feel massively confident cornering - it’s as steady as a very steady thing indeed.
My goal was to get a “slightly gravel” bike that was as fast as my old road bike - a Focus Izalco. Laverack thought that they could deliver that - as the J.ACK is aimed at being a 4 season bike that can take rough roads and cobbles in its stride - and I think they did. They lengthened the chain stays by 5mm to allow me to ride 40mm (probably 42mm actually) tyres.
I’m still having saddle issues though, which need sorting before I can do more than a couple of hours. I’ve never found a saddle I’m happy on, to be honest, but I’m going to try much harder having bought this dream retirement bike with no expense spared!
The bike weighs exactly 10kg.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20211028_173920.jpg

Now with Conti Gran Prix GT 28c tyres, the old Ti Airborne seatpost off my Van Nick (shim needed) & the Ti railed Fizik Arione...
Test ride = 'Nice' ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
That’s lovely
Thank you both

Mudguards (SKS) soon, began today - sort of gave up (cutting stays to size, actually reading instructions) and went for a ride instead :smile:
Tomorrow looks possibly damp so...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My first ever Ti bike is being delivered at lunchtime today. Pics to follow in the coming days, please standby...
Wowzer.. nice one dear chap. Long time coming. Look forward to it.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Got a bit impatient and chucked some old pedals on it and took it for literally a spin around the block - very smooth feeling - nice. Shame the saddle tilted backwards mid ride and it started raining to go with the wind! Will properly fix mudguards tomorrow and switch saddle to a trusted one that's comfy. Ride report will come later this weekend. Will see how long the stock tyres last - it will easily take 40mm gravel or 42-45mm slicks the 32 it came with felt pretty comfy though.

They are brilliant you could spend 3k-4k on an artisan posh brand frame but riding it you won’t be able to tell any difference.
I quite agree. One of the PX Ti bikes will be mine. I've had it for a year and I didn't bother riding my CF best bike this year.

Top Bottom