Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Do you need carbon paste on a carbon seatpost that's going into a Ti frame?

I think that the finish on the blue coloured carbon seatpost, I've just got in the post, is some kind of paint.

(I've always thought that saddlepost, would be a better description, not seatpost.)
I’d say yes as the grit should stop it from slipping. Saddle post, posh way of describing it.

Jules59

Recently acquired a Dolan ADX Disc

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Configuration update...

After tackling some NCN1 Marriott's Way last weekend I decided to migrate my rubber to dedicated gravel tyres - for the stock wheels anyway.
For good measure, I have this week obtained a set of 'spare' wheels and some dedicated road tyres :okay:

Original wheels - demoted to dirt duties:
LR-Ti Gravel wheels.jpg

New 'spare' wheels, shod with road rubber:
LR-Ti Road wheels.jpg

Hicky

Guru
As promised, the Ventus with it's new wheels fitted :becool:
View attachment 617171

Been for a quick spin this afternoon after work. Smooth as silk & fast as feck (if only I was :laugh:)👍 But I've still got an annoying creak :blush:, the old wheels were creaking, but obvs I've changed them, Changed BB, regreased jockey wheels & the creak is still there. I've a spare set of pedals, so I'll change them over & keep my fingers crossed🤞
How do you find the cambium?
I've considered one for a while but don't want to fork out if they're all talk and no walk. I have a leather Brooks on my other bikes and am happy with them but think the cambium looks more appropriate.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
After an impressive and enjoyable test ride a few weeks ago, I recently returned to Spa Cycles to pick up the Sabbath Aspire I'd ordered as my 'summer' bike. Rode it back from Harrogate to Leeds, caught the train to Sheffield, then rode it home from there. Delighted! Despite summer waiting patiently in the wings, it would have been churlish not to take advantage of the handful of sunny days that have recently blessed us. Still impressed!
Here 'tis before its (hopefully) modest makeover:
Large_Sabbath Aspire 3.JPG
Spa provide a high stack from which you can choose to set it lower, then they'll subsequently cut the steerer to your preferred position when you've settled. However, I think I'm going to stick with the original, more relaxed position; I find it more comfortable, as befitting someone of my advancing years.
Since the above photo, I took a cue from the seatpost graphic and added a few red accents. 'Bling' I think the yoof call it?
Large_Sabbath Aspire 5.JPG
Just a 30 miler today, but what a pleasure. Sure, new bikes are invariably a joy, but this one feels special. Can't wait for shorts and t-shirt weather to get in some longer rides.
Wondering whether to swap in some red jockey wheels, or would that be a bling too far?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
How do you find the cambium?
I've considered one for a while but don't want to fork out if they're all talk and no walk. I have a leather Brooks on my other bikes and am happy with them but think the cambium looks more appropriate.
I have 2 bikes with B17s fitted & that was the first saddle I really got on with, but I don't find them as comfy on a road bike. The Cambium is almost as comfy as the B17, but more suited to the position on a road bike. I now have 4 of them :whistle: 3 of them carved which adds a touch more comfort for me 👍 But they are not as durable as the leather saddles, I've had one crack & the one fitted on my turbo is getting a little worn now, but no cracks yet & that probably gets more use than any of the others

Gunk

Guru
After an impressive and enjoyable test ride a few weeks ago, I recently returned to Spa Cycles to pick up the Sabbath Aspire I'd ordered as my 'summer' bike. Rode it back from Harrogate to Leeds, caught the train to Sheffield, then rode it home from there. Delighted! Despite summer waiting patiently in the wings, it would have been churlish not to take advantage of the handful of sunny days that have recently blessed us. Still impressed!
Spa provide a high stack from which you can choose to set it lower, then they'll subsequently cut the steerer to your preferred position when you've settled. However, I think I'm going to stick with the original, more relaxed position; I find it more comfortable, as befitting someone of my advancing years.
Since the above photo, I took a cue from the seatpost graphic and added a few red accents. 'Bling' I think the yoof call it?
Just a 30 miler today, but what a pleasure. Sure, new bikes are invariably a joy, but this one feels special. Can't wait for shorts and t-shirt weather to get in some longer rides.
Wondering whether to swap in some red jockey wheels, or would that be a bling too far?

that’s lovely

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I usually don't like Sabbath bikes. They look very dull and boring.
But have to say yours looks very nice indeed.

Last edited:

Johnno260

Veteran
DCR wheels are now on order, my next dilemma black or tan wall tyres! haha I'm looking at the GP5000's they look nice and I never see a bad word said about them.

Top Bottom