Show us your ...... TREE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
I like the gnarled old rowans. Single, solitary trees, on the edge of Yorkshire moors.

Damn - change of plan. Gotta go up Askwith Moor to take a photo of the tree in my mind's eye. The things I do for CC!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1246114587099036828-account_id=1.jpg

My wee bay tree

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've been on a tree visiting quest in London for about a year now, and have loads of pics of trees. I'll get round to recording it in a mega thread eventually. I cycled over 500 miles and took over 800 pics in March and early April this year of mostly cherry blossom and magnolias, but due to a camera fail (and user fail of not uploading sooner) all were lost :cry: . After a few weeks I've sorted out a replacement camera, but most of that blossom is now gone:cry:. I've almost put that trauma behind me and I shall have to do them again next year, and so am cracking on with working my through visiting all the champion trees the Tree Register have listed for the London area, which currently stands at about 1500.

Here's a mere handful of my favourites of the ones I've visited so far, and I hope to discover many more wonders hidden amongst the urban sprawl.
Cedar of Lebanon at Forty Hall Enfield
Forty%20Hall%20Cedar%20of%20Labanon%207_zps0kwad7ok.jpg

I love yew because its so ancient, but also because you can do this sort of thing with it, Powis Castle in Mid Wales (not in London the keen eyed will note:whistle:)
IMG_20160825_110656_zps11scwdsd.jpg

I like maple trees for their varied colour and pretty form, here's some handsome specimens from Acton Park from today
P1000276_zpsqzpzn0e2.jpg

I find Cork Oaks to be very magical and mystical, this one in Chingford
north%20circular%20cork%20oak%203_zpskzmpbp1x.jpg

This Judas Tree on Love Lane is looking rather splendid at the moment, again from today.
P1000239_zpsbrsyxzen.jpg

Tibetan Cherry bark, a Mercian in this colour would be great.
Tibetan%20Cherry%20St%20James%20Park%203_zpsefxf4pu1.jpg

A large Lucombe Oak is always impressive, here's one in Roehampton
roehampton%20lucombe%20oak%206_zps2wnoln1p.jpg

And these Sweet Chestnuts in George Green remind me of the broomsticks carrying water buckets from Fantasia
george%20green%20sweet%20chestnut%201%20may%202nd_zpsetkfbmt6.jpg

^_^

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Despite the blizzards of snow its approaching cherry blossom time of year.In fact these ones near me are out already.
y2XmKwB.jpg

la0UBCQ.jpg

ZfoAgQB.jpg

After my disaster last year mentioned in the post above, I'm back again to try and photograph all of the champion cherry trees in blossom across London, as listed by the Tree Register. My problem is I have no idea about which varieties flower first, and would ideally like to catch them when they look their best.

I'm posting this here in the hope there are some people that know about cherry trees and can give me some pointers. The ones above are the first I've seen flowering, anyone know what type that is or has any vague ideas as to which flower earlier and which flower later?

Here is the big list of the varieties of cherry tree I plan to visit over the coming month or two, so if anyone knows and is able to group them together into the approximate order they flower in I'd be super grateful.

Accolade
Fugenzo
Hillieri
Ichiyo
Jo-nioi
Kanzan
Kursar
Ojochin
Okame
Pandora
Pink Perfection
Shirofugen
Shirotae
Tai Haku
Ukan
Umiekoi
Yae-Murasaki

There is also these varieties/crosses which blossom too I think, so I need to visit too

Wild cherry & double flowered wild cherry
Sour cherry
Cherry plum
Common plum
Ornamental Hybrid cherry
Japanese flowering cherry
Rosebird cherry
Yoshino cherry
Tibetan cherry
Hill cherry
St Lucie cherry
Bird cherry (colorata, watereri & commutata varieties)
Drooping rosebud cherry
Black cherry

Thanks in advance
Dan

AndyRM

XOXO
Despite the blizzards of snow its approaching cherry blossom time of year.In fact these ones near me are out already. View attachment 397507
View attachment 397508
View attachment 397509
After my disaster last year mentioned in the post above, I'm back again to try and photograph all of the champion cherry trees in blossom across London, as listed by the Tree Register. My problem is I have no idea about which varieties flower first, and would ideally like to catch them when they look their best.

I'm posting this here in the hope there are some people that know about cherry trees and can give me some pointers. The ones above are the first I've seen flowering, anyone know what type that is or has any vague ideas as to which flower earlier and which flower later?

Here is the big list of the varieties of cherry tree I plan to visit over the coming month or two, so if anyone knows and is able to group them together into the approximate order they flower in I'd be super grateful.

Accolade
Fugenzo
Hillieri
Ichiyo
Jo-nioi
Kanzan
Kursar
Ojochin
Okame
Pandora
Pink Perfection
Shirofugen
Shirotae
Tai Haku
Ukan
Umiekoi
Yae-Murasaki

There is also these varieties/crosses which blossom too I think, so I need to visit too

Wild cherry & double flowered wild cherry
Sour cherry
Cherry plum
Common plum
Ornamental Hybrid cherry
Japanese flowering cherry
Rosebird cherry
Yoshino cherry
Tibetan cherry
Hill cherry
St Lucie cherry
Bird cherry (colorata, watereri & commutata vrieties)
Drooping rosebud cherry
Black cherry

Thanks in advance
Dan

You'll have to start a Tree Art thread!

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Haha don't, that one is going to be epic! I was doing my tree project before, it was only after losing all the cherry tree pics from last year that led to me do the street art thread as something different to distract me from sulking about cherry-blossom-gate^_^

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
The local club mebers will have a variety of names for that tree by the green :laugh:
If you're ball lands underneath it it becomes somewhat interesting ! What you can't see is the large bunker that sits between the tree and the green. The branches prevent you from hitting a high shot. A few good rounds have come to grief because of that tree , but we are still rather fond of it!

Top Bottom