Show us your ...... TREE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
20180430_203027.jpg
Just checked and that one is called Orange Dream. As you can see it's very similar to the Katsura at this time of year.

Jody

Stubborn git
That would sound right as i have a young bonsai group that look the same leaf colour :okay:

Got at least one I plan to bonsai but don't have the knowledge or guts to do it. It's been maturing in a pot with it's main roots exposed and has a nice rug of moss around the exposed roots.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
So good that Robin Hood (aka Kevin Costner) went there on his way from Dover to Nottingham. Somewhat navigationally challenged, methinks...
I noted that when I saw the movie. I reckon Kev must walk really fast^_^. Also, his sat nav must have been bust.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cherry blossom tree outside our house. This was taken last week. Unfortunately after today's weather I don't think the blossom has much longer to go...
View attachment 406753
I have 2 of those trees outside my flat. If i stick my arm out the bedroom and kitchen windows i can touch the blossom. Beautiful,but such a pity it only lasts a week or so. And don't mention the bees it attracts that end up buzzing on the inside of my windows!:smile:

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
I have 2 of those trees outside my flat. If i stick my arm out the bedroom and kitchen windows i can touch the blossom. Beautiful,but such a pity it only lasts a week or so. And don't mention the bees it attracts that end up buzzing on the inside of my windows!:smile:
Close the windows! The bees are more important !

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Close the windows! The bees are more important !
I just catch them in a glass,put a card over the top and release them through the window.:angel:
One i set free tonight was about 3 inch long.....honestly!:whistle:

Last edited:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Wednesday evening. Left to right Cypress, Douglas Fir, Noble Fir.

IMG_5487[1].JPG

Thursday afternoon. To help CC tree fans appreciate the height of my trees I've added a man for scale.

IMG_5499[1].JPG

And to help CC tree fans appreciate its great age I've counted the rings. Planted 1903 if I've counted correctly.

IMG_5512[1].JPG

Saturday morning. Something's missing from the garden at Celine Towers. :wacko:

IMG_5511[1].JPG

Tommy2

Über Member
AAD853EE-2C3F-483A-9336-E406C8596B50.jpeg
The cherry blossoms that line the paths on The Stray in Harrogate look really good, I don’t have any pics personally but google brings them up, don’t want to breach any copyright.
So much tree debris in the roads last night, there was so much lightening I can only imagine that’s what caused it as the wind was nothing spectacular.
This tree above blocked our way to Malton last night during the lightening storms (all I can think is if we hadn’t stopped at McDonalds things could have ended quite differently). Strange that we don’t normally take that road even though it is more direct to our destination.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A couple of palm trees at the wonderful Chelsea Physic garden in London which we visited recently.

IMG_3034.JPG

This is a Canary Island date palm. They seem to be increasingly common in the U.K. nowadays. (There's also a huge one on a roundabout near the Houses of Parliament).

IMG_3035.JPG

And a more exotic looking palm in the same garden. Not sure what type, but I've not seem one like it before in this country.

The garden is a real gem and well worth a visit.

Top Bottom