show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldCanal

i think a few ex Liverpool area members will enjoy this bike , not a true vintage bike but still might jog some memory's

View attachment 35709 View attachment 35710
I believe that sadly, Ian passed away quite some years ago after acquiring a burgeoning and deserved reputation as a quality framebuilder, operating from his premises in Bebington, Wirral. I left Liverpool in '66 so never knew Ian and his work first hand but from what I've seen since, he holds a justifiable place in the pantheon of illustrious builders from Merseyside.

For others who are interested : http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ian-may-cycles.82798/

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Ok now I've finished it here's my first full strip down and rebuild. Just finished setting up gears (damn for such a simple design they can be hard to set up). My son is over the moon with it. I did a quick 2 miles with him and I've just realised 45 year olds should not try and race their 17 year old son.

Anyone point me to the nearest oxygen tent please.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok now I've finished it here's my first full strip down and rebuild. Just finished setting up gears (damn for such a simple design they can be hard to set up). My son is over the moon with it. I did a quick 2 miles with him and I've just realised 45 year olds should not try and race their 17 year old son.

Anyone point me to the nearest oxygen tent please. View attachment 35844 View attachment 35845

very smart, I like that a lot.

8668855_orig.jpg

1136269_orig.jpg

My '42 Hercules roadster Safety Model.

Cypher

Anyone point me to the nearest oxygen tent please. View attachment 35844 View attachment 35845

Tony your bike looks great, just wondering what colour is it ? I would love to keep that colour in mind for a future project.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@Cypher
I'll ask the garage that did the respray. I'm pretty sure it's an automotive 2 PAC paint, but I'm sure they will have the code hopefully. I'm going to use the same colour on the Bianchi I'm redoing. I know it's not Celeste green but it is a nice colour.

Cheers

Tony

Top Bottom