show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Owd Fella

I don't think that is a Campag headset. It looks like a TDC with a spare Campag spacer and an extra 'toothed' spacer fitted. The frame itself is possibly 50's with those pointed seat stay tops, headset grease port, Pennine gas pump bracket brazing and Benelux (?) rear ends. Could be a quality maker and needs a bit of research to try and find out. Any numbers on it?

Cypher

DSCF4865.JPG
20140220_144851.jpg

Thank you Owd Fella for your reply, after some more rubbing down we have found what looks like B146 on the BB & 680 stamped on the fork tube inside the headset.
We think that it was originally a 5speed with a Suntour cable guide near BB then a Campag cable end bracket has been added for a front deralier.
Thanks again and we will keep searching the net, LBS & the frame itself for more clues (its like doing a family tree finding clues & moving on a bit at a time)

Owd Fella

Unusual that you have 2 different numbers unless the forks and frame aren't an original pair. The numbers don't mean anything to me - but they might to somebody on the Retrobike website -
www.retrobike.co.uk
Post a few photos there (in Classic Road section) and see what happens.

Psyclist

Über Member
Some beautiful bikes posted on here :thumbsup: I acquired this last night. Going to be a single speed conversion (maybe sacrilegious to some of you)

p4pb10689509.jpg

Psyclist

Über Member
Yep - I reckon that would be a real shame.
Nice frame though.

If I can stretch my budget I'll use gears, but at this time I'm busy building a mountain bike too. I enjoy singlespeed and it'll be just for short commutes mainly, so I also don't have to worry about adjust gears etc. less to go wrong.

lovely looking bike... I hop you wear tweed when riding it :smile: but.... what's that lever thingy on the top tube?

edit... just spotted the cable... 3 speed hub gears :thumbsup:
I think this kind of three speed lever works well. Hub gears and lever are Hercules, before Sturmeys were fitted to Hercules bike.
I do wear a tweed flat cap right enough. Leather boots, old style trousers, waistcoat, pocket watch, leather gloves, cord jacket (poor man's velvet), braces, neck scarf and an old army bag slung over my shoulder. The only bit of gear that I have that is specifically for riding my bike I suppose is bicycle clips.

Top Bottom