show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 1975 Carlton Criterium out for a blast this morning...

P7220332.jpg
Perfect backdrop for the bike Spokesmann.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Was getting all nostalgic seeing your stable of fine Carltons. It took me back to my teens when I had a lilac framed Continental:smile:
I have a Lilac (mauve)framed Corsa. Gorgeous understated shade.

stevevw

Guru
I think it's pre 1987. That's the date I've seen quoted for vintage bike races on the continent but I think they'll accept anything with DT levers and pedals that have clips and straps.
I just looked up "Vintage" and got this "denoting something from the past of high quality, especially something representing the best of its kind."
So according to this definition could be milliseconds ago and still be vintage if of course it is high quality.
This is my latest vintage bike born last year.

b123726e-a0ac-4ec6-83a4-29f944a06043_zpsa8fa4484.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I just looked up "Vintage" and got this "denoting something from the past of high quality, especially something representing the best of its kind."
So according to this definition could be milliseconds ago and still be vintage if of course it is high quality.
This is my latest vintage bike born last year.

b123726e-a0ac-4ec6-83a4-29f944a06043_zpsa8fa4484.jpg
Holy cow ... what's that?
Stunning, simply stunning.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Here's the 1982 Holdsworth purchased from the lovely @biggs682 which now has had genuine 1980s Randonneur bars fitted and is still a work-in-progress jobby .... yes, I know the brake cables need cutting and crimping ....
Photo taken last Saturday morning whilst riding back up to London after a particularly moist FNRttC ..... I love this bike .....

Holds after FNRttC May 2014.JPG

Top Bottom