show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@mr Mitchell
That's one great restoration. I have a 36 ladies coventry eagle. I hope it comes out half as good as yours.
I can't take any credit for doing any restoration work. The bike's an original, authentic apart from a new tyre, new inner tubes and a bell (and I need to get a new pump) she's as she was in WWII. I have the lights and dynamo and they still work too. Good luck with your restoration. I was enjoying restoring a Royal Enfield but it needs that much it might not be worth doing.

Owd Fella

Here's one of mine, part of a stable of 14. A 1996 Ellis Briggs Favori in Columbus tubing and period 105 groupset. It's a lovely ride, very comfortable but responsive enough for the occasional time trial.

Favori Jan 2014.JPG

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Nearly finished pre 53 humber. I know I changed it to a fixed gear but I still think of it as vintage. Yet another donation to my son. Maybe I'm just getting my own back on his mother (divorced long time ago). Wonder what other type of bicycle I can do for him lol.

Original bike £30
Powder coating free
Handlebars, brake, crankset donated from another bike
Wheels £70

I've certainly learnt a lot about old bikes and how new components especially wheels don't fit. A quick spread if the front forks and back forks and a dremmel and file and voila, new wheels fit. I must admit it takes a lot of stretching to get the front forks spread.
image.jpg

Still cheap and will last much longer than any new bike.

plantfit

Guru
Thanks for compliment Tony.Unfortunately the original wheels were rotted through in places so got some alloy ones with shiny finish from an auction web site, only £30.00 the pair,(27x1 1/4) frame was stripped to bare metal and given two coats grey primer, three coats of "Fiat red orange" and two coats of clear coat after decals were applied, other alloy parts were hand polished using a "Brasso" type metal polish, took some time but worth the effort, mudguards are original but had to sort out the rear one near the reflector, too many dings so more time spent with a hide mallet and sand bag to get out the worst of them, cables are all new

Roger

Cypher

I have aquired a frame & fork set but i cant find any numbers/letters or stamps, it does have a campag headset in. Any ideas please?? There is a square bracket on the back of the seat post 3/4 of the way up.
DSCF4810.JPG
DSCF4816.JPG
DSCF4812.JPG
DSCF4815.JPG
DSCF4811.JPG
DSCF4814.JPG
DSCF4813.JPG

Last edited:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Performed a major service on this bike today, its taken a lot of punishment over the last couple of months with some pretty horrendous weather here.

New brake blocks, new Marathons and tubes and I have lubed and repacked the front and rear hubs with new grease. Performed a good clean up too.

P2220269_zpsa22fe3b4.jpg

P2220266_zpsf3ee99ea.jpg

P2220265_zpse1c691fa.jpg

P2220267_zpsfd13d058.jpg

Top Bottom