show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Hung this up on the wall in our office room today , whilst the missus is out...... watch this space to see if I get way with it:whistle:

Gillstay

Über Member
One that I have now improved. Oddly even good mudguards made it look better as made the bike come together visually.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
touring.jpg

This is actually a 1985 (84?) custom built Frontiera touring bike from Border Cycles in Carlisle in 531ST tubing with engraved lugs, etc.

It originally had full Record groupset with TA chainset, but for 30 years it was my only bike and after various crashes, winter weather and simply wanting 'upgrades' it's been heavily messed with. A bit like Trigger's Broom. Most recently it had the steerer replaced and a respray at Hewitts. Original is the frontwheel, rear rim, Dia Compe cantilever brakes, Blackburn racks, panniers, seatpost, saddle . . .

Still impressed with the verstility of the classic touring bike - it's taken me camping all over Europe and the States, audax and PBP, offroad on the Hell of the North Cotswolds, road training camps in Spain and a lovely day out doing Paris Roubaix.

buzz22

Über Member
20220205_122137.jpg

My 1987 Clamont, built up from a frame I bought. Early 90's 105 components, later Mavic wheels.

Top Bottom