Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been remiss in posting, as there are three new additions here. :blush:

NR1F7270_small.jpg

On the left is the stainless steel early 1970s Tissot Seastar automatic that I bought myself for Christmas. Was the spendiest of the trio at £31, but that includes the Milanese bracelet I picked up to replace the awful boingy expandable strap. Have wanted one of these for a while, but it's usually the plated ones that come up for sale. This one is nice and clean compared to some of the ones I've seen. Photo doesn't show it, but the case is lightly brushed.

Middle is one of my Cake Day pressie - a 1971 stainless steel cased Seiko Salvia (1104-3260). An unusual one as Seiko didn't tend to fit ladies' manual winders for the European market with the 1104 sweep second movement. Also, it comes on the original Stelux bracelet. Cost to me, £7 and a few pence, although it was bought knowing it needs a service. But it's a lovely and stylish watch to wear, so I won't begrudge it that. The dial is a matte navy blue, the 3260s sold on leather straps had sunburst dials.

The one on the right, I actually bought for £14 for the rather lovely US-made 10k rolled gold bracelet that I was intending to fit to my Girard Perregaux - the segments are laid over a stainless Milanese and it's really comfortable to wear. Having said that, the watch itself is an unusual one, and not terribly common. Zitura only made dress watches and fitted them with AS movements. They're far better known for their 24k gold dialed watches aka the banker's watch. This early / mid 1960s one was listed for sale as an automatic, but it's actually a hand-winder with a 40 hour power reserve. I just love the case shape, and that bracelet is staying put. Out of all my watches, this is mum's favourite.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like the one on the left. I'm a sucker for a vintage cushion-case ajtomatic watch.

I like the one on the left. I'm a sucker for a vintage cushion-case ajtomatic watch.

Yeah, that Tissot is rather nice, isn't it? :smile:

At least with the vintage watches I can escape the whole shrink it, pink it and cover it in bling thing. :biggrin: Plus they've got this timeless elegance; in 30 years, the current crop of ladies watches will look horribly dated, but these will still look as stylish as the day they were made. A lot can be said for truly classic design.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do have a soft spot for the Devil Diver but you're right, it's a bit of an anvil. Still, it passes the Lewis Collins test.

Interesting fact - The Devil Diver is ISO certified so can actually be sold as a dive watch, not that anyone uses them these days.

On the other hand the Tudor, which is rated to almost the same depth and which is/has been used by divers - isn't ISO certified so can't be specifically referred to as a dive watch for the purposes of advertising.

In actual fact thr COSC certification for the Tudo pr is very similar to ISO, submerge them in chilled water for however long and then place them on a hot plate at a certain temperature - if they mist up then they've leaked!

Last edited:
Mind you, underwater, you need that size to be able actually see the thing LOL! And added bonus, you can use it to stop yourself from floating. ;) The Tudor though, is probably far more practical for every day wear.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Garmin Instinct - best watch I have ever owned including Tag Heuer, Rolex, Omega & Breitling.

Dossy day today - very low step count, tut tut:

View attachment 689681

I look forwards to the time when towards 21:00 smart watch wearers receive a text from NHS (Preventative Division) enforcement officers:-
"You have taken insufficient exercise for the calories you have consumed today... please take remedial action..."
Not that I'm trying to start a conspiracy theory, but can you prove your watch isn't reporting back to its mistress?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not a smart watch fan but it was a gift from Mrs D, a Garmin Fenix 7. I only use it when cycling or on a long walk. Good news is I was able to find a GMT watch face for it.

IMG_20230515_085920473.jpg

My trusty G Shock, the second I've owned. The first one died after about 12 years of abuse while on my wrist at work. This one saw me though my final 5 years or so of dibbling and still comes out for anything too physical that a nicer watch might not like.

IMG_20230515_085933332.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm not a smart watch fan but it was a gift from Mrs D, a Garmin Fenix 7. I only use it when cycling or on a long walk. Good news is I was able to find a GMT watch face for it.

View attachment 689731

My trusty G Shock, the second I've owned. The first one died after about 12 years of abuse while on my wrist at work. This one saw me though my final 5 years or so of dibbling and still comes out for anything too physical that a nicer watch might not like.

View attachment 689732

You could've held it the right way up! :laugh:

Top Bottom