Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
This pair today... 1944 Waltham, 1900 Illinois..
7A32A886-DCDA-4C00-8DB3-BB02D089971D.jpeg

Chislenko

Veteran
A rather unusual use for some of my cheap watches. I have one on each bike.

IMG_20230531_073118080.jpg

Dadam

I never consciously set out to collect watches but by default over the years a watch "collection" has accrued. Nothing of great value except sentimental.

Left to right: Lorus (I bought myself when I got my first job after graduating), Rotary mens chronograph, "Beverly Hills Polo Club" (impulse purchase on a cruise in 1999... I really must try to find or replace that strap pin!), John Rocha (40th birthday present), Timex Expedition, a cheap Chinese skeleton self winder

IMG_0768.JPEG

The ones with most sentimental value below
Waltham self winder and WW2 British Army issue GSTP both inherited from my Grandad
Rotary gold watch inherited from my Dad.

IMG_0769.JPEG

IMG_0770.JPEG

Usual daily wear: Garmin Vivoactive 3 showing a typical step count for a WFH day! :blush:

IMG_0771.JPEG

Last edited:
My 13th birthday present watch was an Avia electronic analogue. It wasnt very reliable or water resistant and was replaced by a Casio after a few years. Ebay price is now £165!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125946923589#SellerPresenceViewModel

Now if I can only remember what happeed to it..

s-l400.jpg

I never consciously set out to collect watches but by default over the years a watch "collection" has accrued. Nothing of great value except sentimental.

Left to right: Lorus (I bought myself when I got my first job after graduating), Rotary mens chronograph, "Beverly Hills Polo Club" (impulse purchase on a cruise in 1999... I really must try to find or replace that strap pin!), John Rocha (40th birthday present), Timex Expedition, a cheap Chinese skeleton self winder

View attachment 692279

The ones with most sentimental value below
Waltham self winder and WW2 British Army issue GSTP both inherited from my Grandad
Rotary gold watch inherited from my Dad.

View attachment 692280

Usual daily wear: Garmin Vivoactive 3 showing a typical step count for a WFH day! :blush:

View attachment 692278

Spring bars are easy to get hold of - they only cost pennies. You just need to know the lug width so you know what size to get.

That mid-60s c-cased Waltham is lovely :wub: That's my kind of watch. The pocket watch, if it's military issue, should have the broad arrow on it somewhere - either on the dial or caseback or both.

Dadam

Spring bars are easy to get hold of - they only cost pennies. You just need to know the lug width so you know what size to get.

That mid-60s c-cased Waltham is lovely :wub: That's my kind of watch. The pocket watch, if it's military issue, should have the broad arrow on it somewhere - either on the dial or caseback or both.

Broad arrow is on the caseback, I've added a photo to above post.

I agree about the Waltham. I've worn it a lot but always in two minds. The strap as far as I know is original and has seen better days. There's an elastic band as the original leather strap retainer has been lost.

I've an idea where the spring bar is, just need to dig it out.

Broad arrow is on the caseback, I've added a photo to above post.

I agree about the Waltham. I've worn it a lot but always in two minds. The strap as far as I know is original and has seen better days. There's an elastic band as the original leather strap retainer has been lost.

I've an idea where the spring bar is, just need to dig it out.

Why not put the Waltham on a stainless steel Milanese? Wear it and enjoy it. :smile: Have to admit I've a lot of love for watches of that era, most of mine fall into the late 60s / early 70s timeframe.

Did you know that in WW1, (pocket) watches were only issued to soldiers who needed one to do their jobs, like signallers and the like. Otherwise, you were expected to provide your own. There's a brilliant website which delves into the story of early military watches, and it's utterly fascinating. I've whiled away many an evening furkling through the articles: https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/

Dadam

Why not put the Waltham on a stainless steel Milanese? Wear it and enjoy it. :smile: Have to admit I've a lot of love for watches of that era, most of mine fall into the late 60s / early 70s timeframe.

I didn't know what a Milanese strap was so had to google it. Looks amazing but I have fairly hairy wrists and it might be pulling hairs all the time.

I didn't know what a Milanese strap was so had to google it. Looks amazing but I have fairly hairy wrists and it might be pulling hairs all the time.

It's not something I've experienced, but then again, my arms aren't that hirsute... :blush: They're just like wearing a lightweight linked bracelet, but with the advantage of being infinitely adjustable.

OTOH the expandable straps... Eeek!

Top Bottom