Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, whaddya know...

Found myself at something of a loose end last night, and ended up watching a video of a chap servicing a Tissot 2381 movement from a boot sale find 1970s Seastar. It's the same movement that's in mine, which I bought myself for Christmas. Was rather interesting seeing it being taken apart, cleaned, reassembled and tested. Chapeau to watchmakers, that's serious skill with such fiddly parts.

Anyways, the chap doing the service mentioned that the base calibre was based on an ETA movement, and that it was fitted to some pretty (read very) spendy watches. So off I go to Ranfft to pull out the info, and yes, it's an ETA 2671. First produced in 1971. The Tissot version is a high beat (28800) 21 jewel movement with a 39 hour power reserve.

Put *that* into Mr Google, and my mind was blown.

The movement is *STILL* in production today, fitted not only to Tissot's current range of ladies' automatic watches, but also to Hamiltons, Certinas, Midos, TAGs, Tudors and Cartiers. It's also fitted to a lot of bigger mans' watches to drive various complications, and when running at full fettle, runs to COSC standards although it's not chronometer-certified.

And it's the SAME movement fitted to the nice vintage Tudor Oyster Princess I've been admiring and vaguely thinking of saving up for. I shan't bother now. I think I'll bank the nearly £500 difference and keep glancing down at my unassuming little 50 year old Tissot. :biggrin:

A new arrival chez Casa Reynard. Classic 70s funkiness or what? :becool:

NR1F7273_small.jpg

Wanted one of these Tissot lobsters ever since I got out-sniped on one last year. They don't pop up that often, and usually sans the bracelet. Was determined to snaffle this one, and I did. It's a lovely watch, but goodness it's heavy!

The dial is a mix of sunburst slate blue (a raised ring on which the indices sit and an almost mirror-finish centre. Case and bracelet both have a brushed finish which, bar a few scratches is still intact. Inside is the same 2381 movement mentioned above.

Well my watch collection is due to drop by one when the pigheaded company owner realises they have to stand up to their Consumer Protection Act obligations. Company owner is behaving like a child including blocking me on the forum accompanying his website

As I will ultimately have an empty watch slot to fill any suggestions as to what I should fit in its place?

Well my watch collection is due to drop by one when the pigheaded company owner realises they have to stand up to their Consumer Protection Act obligations. Company owner is behaving like a child including blocking me on the forum accompanying his website

As I will ultimately have an empty watch slot to fill any suggestions as to what I should fit in its place?

A nice vintage piece, maybe?

Gunk

Guru

What’s the budget

This arrived this morning:

Attachments

• 06E9F45C-49F7-4C05-9E3C-2578DE4C4A34.jpeg
    06E9F45C-49F7-4C05-9E3C-2578DE4C4A34.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 63175B43-0037-4F15-B149-7C174DB94DE6.jpeg
    63175B43-0037-4F15-B149-7C174DB94DE6.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom