Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well my watch collection is due to drop by one when the pigheaded company owner realises they have to stand up to their Consumer Protection Act obligations. Company owner is behaving like a child including blocking me on the forum accompanying his website

As I will ultimately have an empty watch slot to fill any suggestions as to what I should fit in its place?

Watches often crop up on AV forums miscellaneous sales
eg https://www.avforums.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds.344/

tech enthusiasts seem to like their non smart watches too

This doesn’t often get an airing, can’t think why, it’s the most accurate spring watch I’ve got, +2-5 seconds per week.

F24FCD08-753E-45D6-984C-CFD4725113F3.jpeg

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
My Seiko Kinetic wasn't holding charge properly and stopped after a couple of days not wearing it, so I decided to replace the rechargeable battery / capacitor. Here it is with the back off.
P1010019.JPG

First job was to remove the oscillating weight. No problem doing that.
P1010020.JPG

Removing the battery clamp was another story as I managed to lose one of the retaining screws, and couldn't find the damn thing, which is roughly the size of a fly turd. Clumsy so and so! Fitted the replacement capacitor and optimistically tried to reassemble with only one retaining screw. Foolish person!
P1010023.JPG

Maddisons of Durham to the rescue, sending me an assortment of tiny screws and a selection of tweezers, each one of which was far more suited to the task than the one I was using. Fast delivery too. Selected the right size screw by eye, and promptly managed to drop it into the watch innards, but retrieved it with a small but strong magnet (no idea where it came from, but it's been useful).
Long story short, the watch is now holding charge very well and has a new lease of life. I would certainly have no hesitation in replacing the capacitor again, but would be much more careful and work over a tray to retain any pingfukkits.

Well done you @Poacher :notworthy:

I prefer to leave this kind of stuff to someone who has a far better track record with small parts than I have. And who doesn't have a cat who tries to "help" :blush:

The clasp snapped on my Gradus the other day. Need to work out whether I can get a replacement to work on the original Montal bracelet or whether I need to buy a whole new bracelet.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
"Pingfukkits"! A whole new word!

Not that new! Urban Dictionary has it from May 2009.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well done you @Poacher :notworthy:

I prefer to leave this kind of stuff to someone who has a far better track record with small parts than I have. And who doesn't have a cat who tries to "help" :blush:

The clasp snapped on my Gradus the other day. Need to work out whether I can get a replacement to work on the original Montal bracelet or whether I need to buy a whole new bracelet.

Buttons were getting sticky on my cheapo second hand G-Shock so I've spent a pleasant evening taking the thing apart and removing an ungodly amount of crap from behind the cover and inside the buttons. Action seems better but we'll see what it's like when I've managed to put it all back together again.

20231115_215633.jpg

Top Bottom