Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You're far braver than me! :notworthy:

It really is a very cheap watch so no real jeopardy involved. Actually it turns out I didn't really need to take the back off, just removing that black cover would have given me access to what I needed. But there was a bit of muck inside, around the seal so that's been cleaned as well. Didn't need to mess with the actual module, that just popped out.

Anyway, buttons are working beautifully again so hopefully I can get another few years out of this thing yet.

17000871009563539347362035066286.jpg

Hicky

Guru
We have a small but nice few watches, mine consists of a Titanium Ecodrive which I've had for probably 10 years...bullet proof. I've left it in the draw for a year and it stopped. Onto the windowsill and hey presto it worked a treat! Second of all is a Garmin instinct 2 Solar which is my day to day watch....lets me know all the stuff I probably don't need to know!
Ms watches are a Tissot thingy....a 35th birthday prezzie, she likes it but it is a little big on her wrist as she's a dainty soul so doesn't often wear it, her day to day is a Garmin forerunner 55.
Son no1 has a Red devils ecodrive which he loves and a gold watch off my dad which I think has little value apart from sentimental.
Son no2 has a very very nice Rotary skeleton watch which I'd like if I could see the hands well enough!

Drago

Legendary Member
I paid for her college course to train as a barber, sorry, gents stylist. She's now in the process of opening her fourth salon and wanted to thank me.

Hell, she can afford two new pairs of scissors at £1200 each (yes, honestly!) so she can afford this. Even so, I was pretty choked up.

I repaid he by reaching my 2 year old grandson to say, "wotchertalkingaboutherewillis?"

Drago

Legendary Member
Sadly the strap is pinching my arm hairs brutally. Odd, as the Tudor doesn't.

I may get a Marine Nationale strap if it doesn't improve.

Last edited:
As with some of ours; usually when I'm about to fix tiny wee parts onto a construction kit. :wacko:
I'm convinced that they have a built in sensor that tell them when I'm about to undertake such a delicate task - ! :laugh:

In my case, it's any from sewing, painting or, much more rarely, working on a scratch-built model. The much-missed Madam Poppy used to love to kill the tape measure when I've got fabric laid out for measuring.

The linked post mentioned my Gradus. Haven't done anything regarding the broken clasp. Whoops! :blush: But I have seen a very nice enamelled "girly" bracelet for sale that would look super on the watch, as the enamel matches the colour of the dial...

Better late than never, but these are the new additions to my little collection:

NR1F7301_small.jpg

Left to right: a late 70s Ernest Borel stainless steel hand-winder, a gp Favre Leuba hand-winder, and a Watches of Switzerland stainless steel "Seafarer" automatic.

The Ernest Borel hasn't had much wrist time, mainly because it's in pristine condition and I really don't want to "ding" it. Might reserve this one for best wear. I actually thought it was one of the new production ones, but it's not - dial script and caseback engraving tallies with their 1970s watches. In any case, for what I paid, I'm not exactly hard done by.

The Favre Leuba came from a charity auction for a local hospice - I think everyone else ignored it because it was absolutely filthy. But it came up well with a bit of TLC and elbow grease. Desperately needs a new strap though, as the one fitted (original, with FL buckle) is totally unredeemable and only fit for the bin. Am trying to decide what would look best.

The Watches of Switzerland automatic has, since Christmas, become my go-to watch. It's very comfy and I absolutely love its chunky compressor case and 1970s looks. This should have an ETA movement inside, and as best I can tell from furkling around online, were made for WoS by Heuer. Although quite frankly, that's neither here nor there, I just like it. Does really need a service though, as it's running about 5 mins fast per day.

I like the Seafarer. Cushion cases are my thing.

It probably needs the governor retarding a bit. Not difficult...if you're brave!

No, I'm not LOL! I don't have the right tools to open the back, and with compressor cases, there's also got the gaskets to worry about. It's best left to someone who knows what they're doing.

WoS did a gent's version as well. They pop up on the 'bay every now and again, if you're of a mind.

Top Bottom