Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
My son had a Swiss Navy watch it said waterproof to 50m on the back. He left it on in the shower once and water got in.
He took it back to the shop and pointed out what it said about the depth of water. The guy, with straight face said, "I am
sorry sir, that is not the depth but the distance from shore."

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My son had a Swiss Navy watch it said waterproof to 50m on the back. He left it on in the shower once and water got in.
He took it back to the shop and pointed out what it said about the depth of water. The guy, with straight face said, "I am
sorry sir, that is not the depth but the distance from shore."
arf! ISTR reading on Watchuseek that 50m is splashproof, pretty much. I think the consensus was that 100m or 200m is what you want if you're not taking it off to wash &c.

Also, with Switzerland being landlocked... ;)

I was sorting through the watches that I bought at the auction and came across this one. It is a nice little 1930's Cyma Tavannes, chrome plated which has got some pitting. It still runs and keeps good time.
cyma 035.JPG

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I wanted a good waterproof watch so picked this up on ebay for the princely sum of eight gbp.
DSC_0097.JPG
My other watch which I rarely wear but won't part with as it has sentimental value.
DSC_0099.JPG

Last edited:

sanddancer

20140111_175344.jpg

£7 delived through ebay.
its got a light so i can see the time when cycling to work :biggrin:
i have a Mudu watch (smugglers watch as they were known In the 60's :biggrin: )
a few old sekonda watches. A nice old accurist amongst others.

I'm too tight to buy an expensive watch especially when they all tell the time :biggrin:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I dug this out of the drawer recently.

image.jpeg

It's a Tegrov, Swiss made 17 jewels 'Alarm Deluxe' . You can set the red hand (seen here at 6) at any time you want the alarm to go off and it buzzes. You have to wind it up of course.

My mother bought me this watch either for my birthday or Christmas 1972, from the next door neighbour's Freemans catalogue.

The watch still works and I've started wearing it again.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Freeman Catalogue my mum loved them. I am glad she never got to won a credit card. Enough said I think.
Great to think you think of your mum every time you look at it. I hope she is still with us.

Alas not, she died 34 years ago.

Top Bottom