Shrove Tuesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Savory pancakes are pretty special.

Pancake-Breakfast.jpg
But that is a sweet pancake shoved on a plate with egg and bacon!
What do you dip into the egg? Pancake and maple syrup? :crazy:

Put the pancakes on their own plate, then fill the space on this plate with a sausage, beans and fried tomatoes. Much better!

D

Deleted member 26715

Fish batter in a frying pan what could be more grotesque

Alan...

Savory pancakes are pretty special.

Pancake-Breakfast.jpg

that's not a pancake - they are pikelets...

We went for Sunday breakfast pancakes. They seem a much better thing for a breakfast than a pud.
They were Sunday lunch here last Sunday... main meal. Just off out to buy some more flour to have them again this evening as a main meal.. :licks lips:
We also include a touch of lime with the lemon and sugar as well. delicious...

[QUOTE 2960897, member: 259"]They aren't pikelets, pikelets have holes in them...[/quote]
true - my pikelets always have holes in them, but so do my drop scones as well... but my pancakes are much larger (dinner plate size) and much much thinner...
so what are they?

[QUOTE 2960919, member: 259"]They look like the pancakes you get in the US and in Ireland, cooked on a griddle. I thought that's what they were.[/quote]
they are not the ones I am familiar with from Ireland, but I was brought up by a welsh grandmother in the Potteries having been born in Glasgow and as for where I have lived, it is best just classed as the UK... so I am hardly one to know what comes from where.... :laugh:. Just don't look like the pancakes my welsh grannie taught me to cook... or her pikelets, or her drop scones or her... :whistle:

they are not the ones I am familiar with from Ireland, but I was brought up by a welsh grandmother in the Potteries having been born in Glasgow and as for where I have lived, it is best just classed as the UK... so I am hardly one to know what comes from where.... :laugh:. Just don't look like the pancakes my welsh grannie taught me to cook... or her pikelets, or her drop scones or her... :whistle:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWXHoP2UvB3A4vlVCywabgSsjtDvl4vWkS4g3E2Y4qD2FdCfMB.jpg

All sounds like a load of crepe to me

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 2960919, member: 259"]They look like the pancakes you get in the US and in Ireland, cooked on a griddle. I thought that's what they were.[/quote]
I grew up wondering why at school (England), when they made pancakes they were totally different to the ones I had at home, cooked on the griddle.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it's gotta be a decade since i had a pancake... they're ok, but nowt to get excited about.

after my 11 year old niece rang me to a; find out if I was dead or not, and b; ask me what i was having on my pancakes, i decided I should rectify my decade off so i had pancakes for tea.... well.... i would have.... something went wrong. There's several milky floury vaguely eggy lumps in my bin. :blush:

pancakes consumed with lemons and sugar and a touch of lime juice as well...
white balance is way out on my phone & its a touch dark but these are the pancakes I was brought up with, dinner plate sized...

DSC_0188.jpg

2nds happens tomorrow for breakfast and my 22 mile commute to my parents' home.

Top Bottom