Sick of eating flies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Yesterday I think I ate the Essex coutryside dry with all the bugs I eat, it's something you have to relearn every summer, but if you need to take a big breath, do it facing downwards.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I tend to push my top lip out and down over my lower lip. That allows me to gasp and wheeze quite nicely whilst avoiding sucking in any flies...

Tynan

Veteran
blimey

suspect the mean London streets don't encourage small insects, I very rarely have any problem, despite leaving my mouth open a lot

Danny

Legendary Member
I'd start practising cycling with your mouth shut.

With Boris as Mayor, public sanitation is going to collapes and before long London will be plagued with flies the size of locusts ;)

walker

thats why you should always where shades, say the unfortunate happens and you get hit once in each eye at the same time, you got a split second to think about stopping, then stopping safely.

Mortiroloboy

andrew_s said:
grow a big bushy moustache

That's why David Zabriske was sporting that rather dodgy face ferret for the Giro, before he had that unfortunate tumble. To keep Italian flies out of his gob!

Kirst

I hate swallowing flies, it makes me vomit. I vomited whilst cycling the other week, but managed to get it all down my arm. I was not pleased.

ASC1951

Guru
walker said:
thats why you should always where shades, say the unfortunate happens and you get hit once in each eye at the same time, you got a split second to think about stopping, then stopping safely.
Dead right. Maybe not an issue in town, but I think it's madness to ride anywhere at speed without eye-cover. A bee in the eye at 40mph downhill can have you clean off the bike.

Chiefwiggum

On my my most recent ride, a speedy little jaunt, I rode around a corner, looking where I was going, mouth open, when what felt like a sparrow hit the back of my throat, quick gulp amd then gone. Lots of coughing, a mini vomit and much water ensued. I don't know what it was other than it was v.big, I think best not to know!

Top Bottom