Sick, sick bastards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Have succumbed to man flu and am on the sofa for the rest of the day <sniff> shivering and feeling like death. I know <snort> alecstilleyedie was in a similar position of unhealth. Anyone <cough> else?

Please post tea and sympathy below.

xx(xx(xx(:?:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tea and sympathy...hope you feel better soon. Get yourself a cup of hot lemon drink, with a small tot of brandy in (if that's to your taste!), make the house warm, get out your fave vid or dvd and R-E-L-A-X!

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Thanks guys, feeling better already! I have just had one of these:

http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/hottoddy.htm
Adult's Hot Toddy Recipe

I love this one - especially with a fine malt - you don't need to be poorly to enjoy it!

Ingredients For An Adult Hot Toddy Drink

A wee dram of whisky
1 teaspoon honey
Boiled water
1 slice fresh lemon/lemon squash
1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
1 cinnamon stick (optional)

Cooking Directions:

1. Put the honey into a mug and disolve in a wee bit of boiled water.
2. Add the whisky depending on your taste. 1 -2 tablespoons is recommended.
3. Top up with more boiled water. Add the cinnamon stick if used. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick
4. Add the fresh lemon/lemon squash, stir well, then sprinkle with a pinch of ground nutmeg if used then serve.
I also stuck a couple of cloves in, seemed to work well.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
domtyler said:
Have succumbed to man flu and am on the sofa for the rest of the day <sniff> shivering and feeling like death. I know <snort> alecstilleyedie was in a similar position of unhealth. Anyone <cough> else?

Please post tea and sympathy below.

xx(xx(xx(:thumbsup:

i'm not dead yet! biked it yesterday, so there is light at the end of the sicky tunnel.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Antihistamine (hay fever) tabs will dry up your runny nose, if you've any left from the summer.

Pete

I have been - coughing up what resembles gobs of (used :thumbsup: ) swarfega - but I think I'm over the worst of it. Can't suggest any 'remedies' except Lem-sip and Fisherman's friends - but I take regular echinacea during the winter months as a sort of prophylactic. I think it works some.

I lost out earlier on today to goo_mason and I am damned if I will let that happen again, so........

Stoap yer moanin ya big jessie!!!!! (TM and copyright all rights reserved 2007)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Manflu? Pah! After riding on Tuesday, I might be carrying Horse flu, cost the stable's had an outbreak! Beat that!

(OK, not carrying, but my friend who has her own horse had to make sure she changed completely before seeing to it, in case she had carried the germs on her boots or jodhpurs)

mmm, that toddy sounds nice. I could do with one of those. Hope it works wonders for you Dom.

Blue

Legendary Member
Tis the season to be coughing and sneezing.

I felt :biggrin: this morning but didn't have a high temperature so I decided to get out on the bike on the basis that it will either kill or cure. Got a good ride in although the nose was dripping and the legs were heavy at times. It will be interesting to see how I feel this evening!!

Get well soon to all those who are already off the bike.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pete said:
- but I take regular echinacea during the winter months as a sort of prophylactic. I think it works some.
You'll never prevent a pregnancy that way! :biggrin::biggrin:
Hot toddies...that's where it's at... (not for pregnancies, that's gin and hot baths, or something)

jashburnham

I'm as sick as a dog but it's all self induced after the office party. Luckily there's a sofa at work so I've been kipping on that. I get the most awful hangovers, damn me and damn my persuasive co-workers!

ChrisKH

Guru
I've had a temperature and a related chest infection since Monday. Temperature broke last night. Couldn't avoid going to work as it is our busiest time, so dragged myself in and infected everyone else for Xmas.:biggrin:

Top Bottom