Signalling on roundabouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you go a little slower, it becomes easier to signal in those challenging situations that might otherwise require you to have both hands on the handlebars. Problem is, going slower can make the larger faster roundabouts harder to deal with.

I guess I'm lucky, in that I have slightly less need to have both hands on the tiller than most of you do your hands on your handlebars.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I totally cocked up one roundabout once. I was coming from a direction I hadnt come from in a long time. I wanted to go straight over the roundabout (it was a large one) so had to move over to the right hand lane as the left hand lane was left turn only.
I moved into my lane, signalled my intentions. Checked the traffic on the roundabout (there were a few cars but I could see a gap opening up so I decided to trackstand a little), started entering the roundabout, and a car in the outer lane which I thought was turning down the road I was on decided to carry on going around the roundabout. I then ended up cutting in front of it and another car on the inner lane of the roundabout.
What really annoyed me later on though, is that I shouted something at the car which I cut up as he passed me a little while later. Straight after I did so, I was having words with myself and saying "Why did you do that? You were the one in the wrong for cutting him up". I did pursue the driver just to apologise and explain that I messed the whole thing up but he dissapeared.

Top Bottom