Silent Witness (TV)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 2877029, member: 9609"]Its a program that I quite enjoy but I am curious as if there is the slightest bit of reality to the work of a forensic detective and the characters in the story. Last night we had them going off by themselves interviewing people in a bar, interviewing suspects at the police station, in other episodes I have seen them going out in the dead of night and breaking into properties to find evidence. I would have imagined a forensic detective would be a very much behind the scenes person.

Classic scene from last night where the forensic detective bloke beats up the suspect and the copper say "steady on Tyson, that's our job" 43:40 in on the iplayer[/quote]
Agreed, it's beginning to grate ....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's entertainment.

If I wanted realism I'd join the forensic services then it wouldn't be entertainment.

Scoop940

Nearly as realistic as CSI and NCIS.. Wife complained they are getting too dark now, it's entertaining. I wanted to watch the recorded Guy Martin episode though but got overruled...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Forensics, or SOCO, Scenes of crime officers. I have only ever known civilians in the UK police. They have very little to do with police officers, which I would think helps them to be impartial. They always seem to very quiet people with a black sense of humor.

We are watching all 4 seasons of NCIS LA. We are into Season 3 and count how long it takes to shoot someone at the beginning of each episode. I think the longest we have had to wait is 3 minutes.

Denmark make some good crime series. But you can't beat Morse, Barnaby and Jack Frost.

Steve

Top Bottom