Silly Neighbour - what would you do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mrs F noticed her wing mirror was bent 'forward' this morning. We live on a quiet cul-de-sac, but now have 3 cars, so one car is usually on the pavement outside our house (no-one walks past on the pavement anyway). It's usually tucked up next to our side garden, but last night is was outside the front.

Checked CCTV, and my neighbour in the opposite corner deliberately squeezes past the car and shoulder barges it whilst walking the dog. I have a nice full HD video of him doing it.

He is the only one anyone has issues with - I've been threatened with violence when I complained about his un-approved log burner smoking my house out. He has had to get building regs approval since (wonder who told the council). This is the only time I've ever complained to him - his direct neighbours have had loads of issues, especially around 'buildings' in his back garden.

What do I do. Pop a screen shot through his letter box and 'pretend' there is damage to the wing mirror. - 'please come and discuss'. Very tempted to drop a screen shot through all the other neighbour's doors. The screen shot isn't good but it's got his dog on it..

Thing is he is doing an extension on another neighbours house, and they have their car on the road - he's not knocked their wing mirror, nor any other neighbour who can't fit on their drives. He also has numerous building vehicles on the road.

He is on a sticky wicket as they are foster parents - threatening neighbours isn't a good attribute.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd move the car off the footway and thus remove any excuse for further such incidents.

Not worth playing silly games over when morally you're wrong footed to being with.

Drago

Legendary Member
...but it will take some space out of the road...

My heart bleeds for the other cage pilots.

Every home I've ever bought or rented I've asked myself "where will the car/motorbike reside of a night?". If it involves inflicting it on my neighbours by using the road or footway as a car park then that house was crossed off the list.

If my neighbours jumped off a cliff or robbed a bank I wouldnt take that as licence to join in, and using the footway as a car park is also on that list of things I wouldn't copy.

I'm sorry Foss, you're an alright geezer, but I disagree entirely with that behaviour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

It's not so much to do with the car, but him being a bully (long list of stuff he has done to other neighbours). Tempted to pop the screen shot through his door to say 'I'll pop this on the list along with the threat of physical violence'.

PS I used to cycle to work, as you'll remember but I can't now due to the damage I sustained to my back from a driver. We did have room for our cars, but my son has one now, so we may have to extend the drive.

Or do I ignore it, and add to 'a list'.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sell the car, find a way of storing it on the premises, or move to somewhere with storage. I'm afraid that's a problem for you to solve, not for society to endure.

As for this chap, he's a prime brain donor, but remove the source of the illness and the symptoms will also disappear.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Sell the car, find a way of storing it on the premises, or move to somewhere with storage. I'm afraid that's a problem for you to solve, not for society to endure.

As for this chap, he's a prime brain donor, but remove the source of the illness and the symptoms will also disappear.

I need the car for transporting important bicycles to places of bicycle awesomeness.

So as an ex copper @Drago, should I just go and kick his head in ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't endorse violence for anything but last resort self defence, or the defence of another.

D

Deleted member 26715

If there is a car on a pavement which causes me to have to squeeze past a wing mirror it would get the same treatment, cars are for roads when they grow feet they can go on the footpath. Sorry if you have parked it in such a way as to cause an obstruction then it's "Que Sera Sera" also you may have privacy concerns if you show the Police CCTV footage of a public place.

Slick

Guru
The car on a pavement is an issue but I wouldn't just stick the evidence through the letter box. I would however let the guy know that we have CCTV, in fact, he should already know if you have displayed the yellow stickers. Try to have a chat with as little confrontation as possible.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd just go up to him and politely say you have video footage of him hitting your mirror. Add it to the list in case things escalate. Tell him in a non-threatening manner that if it happens again you'll report to the police. It sounds like his miffed at you and has a running dispute, but if the mirror is the extent of his anger then it doesn't sound too bad. You have to pick your battles, especially if he's bigger than you

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I'd just go up to him and politely say you have video footage of him hitting your mirror. Add it to the list in case things escalate. Tell him in a non-threatening manner that if it happens again you'll report to the police. It sounds like his miffed at you and has a running dispute, but if the mirror is the extent of his anger then it doesn't sound too bad. You have to pick your battles, especially if he's bigger than you

He's a midget and I'm not tall. I'll park my car on the road outside our 'side garden' from now on. CCTV only covers our property, but given the 'wide angle' does cover the pavement - car was 8 foot from front door). He will be working on the neighbour's property when I get home so might just ask him not to damage my wing mirror.

Top Bottom