Silly Neighbour - what would you do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I shall take some space out of the road, which is fine. I shall also mention I have a lovely HD video of him too.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Blokes a prat, ignore him if you can, tho its annoying..

Might be an idea to post that pic through everyone else's door with a little note to watch their cars..
He'll hear about it.
Keep smiling..

But ignore will be best, if he keeps doing things report him

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The current law on pavement parking is a nonsense at least in Scotland. It is not illegal to park on the pavement—-but—- it is an offence to obstruct the pavement and also to drive on the pavement, or footway I think is the technical term. Work that one out. We have current town gridlock every day and buses cannot get out of the car park due to pavement parking. Too many tourists and local uproar about parking issues.

lane

Veteran
I live in a village with small roads. People park on the roads. Constant complaints on the local face book page regarding wing mirror damage. Go figure.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
We live in a cul de sac with a narrow road, and most residents park half on road and half on pavement, i asked the local police about clarity in this regard and they said, we turn a blind eye to it, because it is done "out of necessity and not by choice" :okay:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Daft thing is, he didn't bend the wing mirror back of his 'client' who has completely blocked the pavement for weeks now, as their drive is full of building materials. He deliberately leaves two of the construction vehicles directly opposite my house, meaning getting off the drive is tricky - I haven't moaned about that as he's got a job to do. There are, however, 6 off road parking spaces he could use, three being very near the house he is working on.

I fully appreciate pavement parking issues, so park considerately - it was just that my wife had parked in a particular spot for 30 minutes.

One of the neighbours has a visitor that parks outside my house on a weekly basis, all day, and blocks the pavement, but I've not gone bending mirrors - it's not bothering me.

It's the petty attitude of him, especially when I've had no contact with him in 2 years - that's a grudge and a half . That said, he could be a complete 'psycho' or most likely has 'small man syndrome'.

I shall remember to laugh about it.

I've been planning building a 'drop off ramp' for practice - serious stuff - essential practice for not OTB (over the bars) on the mountain bike, but thought I'd better not use it on our quiet road as this will hiss him off (can't think how seeing a grown man jumping a trail bike would hiss him off.....much !! :laugh: unless his kids fancy a go and injure themselves), but I'll most likely take it down to the field behind our house for practice. Maybe I should do it.... :bicycle:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

The company that built the houses could have easily put a straight road in, but they decided to 'curve' it to look nice. That's meant 8 of the 12 houses have a drive that will just fit 1 car on, the rest of us can fit two. Bonkers design.

snorri

Legendary Member
one car is usually on the pavement outside our house (no-one walks past on the pavement anyway).
I'm just one of the people who "doesn't walk on the pavement anyway" in my close neighbourhood and has had to take a detour on to the road since the 7th of June when an inconsiderate vehicle owner has blocked the pavement with his SORN'd camper van.
The cost of my off road parking area was included in what I paid for my house and I find it difficult to understand those who seem to feel entitled to free long term parking outside their own property boundary and obstruct the passage of others who are paying through their local taxes for pavements they cannot use.

Brains

Legendary Member
Cars live on roads or private land, not pavements.
On the car parking issue, he has a point, I'd simply stop parking the car on the pavement

Down here in London, a car parked on the publicly owned pavement would expect a tow from the council within a matter of hours.
(It's a rare enough event that I cant remember the last time I saw a car on a public pavement south of the Watford Gap, however it's still a problem on some estates)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Cars live on roads or private land, not pavements.
On the car parking issue, he has a point, I'd simply stop parking the car on the pavement

Noted, but he's leaving two commercial vehicles blocking the pavement every day at present. So why bend my wife's wing mirror when she had been parked where she was for 30 minutes, when he's actually causing more issues. I've not gone round attempting to damage his vehicles.

It's the petty nature of it that is the issue. It's bullying behavior and damaging someone's property for what ?

Plenty of keyboard warriors going on about pavement parking - that's not the main issue, it's the deliberate attempt at damage. Those wing mirrors are £400 or more a pop (painted, electric, folding, heated and have flipping cameras in them - crazy).

The summary is, don't park on the pavement, and don't rile him more.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If my late elder sister was driving her mobility buggy past your car she would aim for it and scrape her handlbar along the paintwork while muttering "Serves 'em bloody right!" It used to make me cringe and laugh at the same time.

D

Deleted member 26715

Has he actually damaged it, or just knocked it out of it's mountings as it's designed to do?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Has he actually damaged it, or just knocked it out of it's mountings as it's designed to do?

Dunno yet, probably OK. He did shoulder barge it the 'wrong way' - i.e. forward.

I really don't know what goes through his head sometimes, but we've all got some mad crazy neighbour, and fortunately, he is the only one we have.

midlife

Guru
I'm just one of the people who "doesn't walk on the pavement anyway" in my close neighbourhood and has had to take a detour on to the road since the 7th of June when an inconsiderate vehicle owner has blocked the pavement with his SORN'd camper van.
The cost of my off road parking area was included in what I paid for my house and I find it difficult to understand those who seem to feel entitled to free long term parking outside their own property boundary and obstruct the passage of others who are paying through their local taxes for pavements they cannot use.

It illegal to park a SORN vehicle on the road / pavement. Fes him up to plod :smile:

Top Bottom