Silly Neighbour - what would you do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You did that as well did you

No it doesn't, a vehicle with VED has to be insured, it's an offense not to be.

What happens if a SORNed vehicle actually went up in flames, but damaged someone elses property (not getting ideas here - I'm a lovely person :whistle:) but a rusting knackered vehicle with fuel in must be a risk ?

tom73

Guru
Well what changed then ? thought the law changed a few years ago. Or was it looking making a change ?

@fossyant that was the sort of thinking behind the change.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well what changed then ? thought the law changed a few years ago. Or was it looking making a change ?

A quick google actually says you need no insurance - it's even on money supermarket as a way to save on an unused car. Most of the insurance companies have it on their web sites too.

tom73

Guru
A quick google actually says you need no insurance - it's even on money supermarket as a way to save on an unused car. Most of the insurance companies have it on their web sites too.

I've checked too look's like nothings changed i'm sure they had talked about a change. Look's like nothing happened.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've checked too look's like nothings changed i'm sure they had talked about a change. Look's like nothing happened.
The change was that you cannot have a car with VED without insurance, where previously you could, the press got hold of the wrong end of the stick & suggested you would have to insure any car you owned whether it was roadworthy or not.

Brains

Legendary Member
I think nuking from orbit may be a tab of an over reaction.
You really don't want to get into car wars with the neighbours

(However noise, rubbish, trees, extensions, etc are all a different issue, which does need to be dealt with)

classic33

Leg End Member
What happens if a SORNed vehicle actually went up in flames, but damaged someone elses property (not getting ideas here - I'm a lovely person :whistle:) but a rusting knackered vehicle with fuel in must be a risk ?
Owner would be personally liable for damaged caused.

It might also go with a bang, wear plastic bags on your hands.

Smudge

Veteran
I've lived in my current house 11 yrs now and have always got on well with all my neighbours. But i always have a sense of anxiety when close neighbours move out and i wonder who'll be moving in. Especially as the house next door is a buy to let. I'm bound to get a 'wrong un' at some point.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What's the dig about needing a permit for the log burner ?
Why the mention of being a foster family.

Sounds like you need to take a chill pill.

tom73

Guru
The change was that you cannot have a car with VED without insurance, where previously you could, the press got hold of the wrong end of the stick & suggested you would have to insure any car you owned whether it was roadworthy or not.

Oh right thanks so that was the change. Press hardly ever get things right saying that some insurance companies imply it's the law too.

Drago

Legendary Member
..also you may have privacy concerns if you show the Police CCTV footage of a public place.

Unless he's perving at women in the shower etc (voyeurism) the dibble won't care because they have no powers in that regard. The planning department at the carncil manage the regulations concerning the placement of cameras etc, and the office of the information commissioner manage the regulations governing the storage and usage of the footage. The Feds don't get a look in.

Brains

Legendary Member
What's the dig about needing a permit for the log burner ?

I wondered that as well.
A decent modern log burning stove, if used properly with seasoned wood, pollutes less than a typical gas boiler.

The Norwegians who know a thing or two about heating and pollution, and who have a lot of gas, but even more trees, typically use Log burning stoves to heat their houses.
What the Norwegians do have is rules to stop people using or selling damp/scrap wood or selling or using low quality stoves.

Top Bottom