Silly superstitions likely to get you killed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nappadang

Über Member
I really need to break the stupid habit of saluting single magpies. They always seem to appear at the most inopportune times.
Granted, it may be a few weeks before team sky are trying to head hunt me but even at my less than swift pace it's not always a good idea to remove your right hand from the bars, especially in traffic.
I really need to grow up but until I do, I'd love to hear of any other superstitions that don't lend themselves to safe/sensible cycling.

Mick

OP
OP
nappadang

nappadang

Über Member
2631597 said:
Sounds ideal practice for indicating a right turn
Good point, well put!

OP
OP
nappadang

nappadang

Über Member
It seems there are many variations on the single magpie superstition theme. All as daft as each other but some are a little more cycle friendly than others.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I really need to break the stupid habit of saluting single magpies. They always seem to appear at the most inopportune times.
Granted, it may be a few weeks before team sky are trying to head hunt me but even at my less than swift pace it's not always a good idea to remove your right hand from the bars, especially in traffic.
I really need to grow up but until I do, I'd love to hear of any other superstitions that don't lend themselves to safe/sensible cycling.

Mick
My Mrs got me into that guff, Wink at them & say hello

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've seen people step into the road rather than walk under a ladder and nearly get splatted by a car instead!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
"Hello Mr Magpie, how's your wife and family?"

If there's more than one you can safely ignore the stupid hoppity b******s.
We were always told to say "Hello Mr Magpie, how are you and how is your wife?" Then mother said something about turning around 3 times but I think that she just made that bit up.

I do walk under ladders rather than get flattened by a car but I do glance up first to make sure that there are not pots of paint or similar, about to fall on my head.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Top Bottom