Silver hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Saw that in 6 th form 30 odd years ago.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My hair grows out of my head silver. Has done since I have been 16. Sometimes I like it, at the moment, I don't have have dyed it a mucky blonde colour.

I cannot see what this 'trend' is all about. Why would anyone want 'pensioner hair' when they are in their 20s.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have blonde hair, but I've been going grey slowly since I was about 54. Im not bothered by it. I have no Intention of dyeing it. I don't see why people would deliberately want grey hair though. Seems a bit like the pink or blue brigade.

stephec

Legendary Member
I started to get silver highlights in my early twenties, never thought about dying it.

A bloke at work was really silvery and aged about fifty, he was persuaded to dye it black for some charity event and looked hilarious as the colour didn't match the age of his face. After a few days he shaved the lot off. :smile:

On a lady though silver hair can be very nice when it's cut well and in good condition, I quite like it.

stephec

Legendary Member
I have blonde hair, but I've been going grey slowly since I was about 54. Im not bothered by it. I have no Intention of dyeing it. I don't see why people would deliberately want grey hair though. Seems a bit like the pink or blue brigade.

I don't blame you, it would've cost a fortune in dye by now. :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I didn't used to mind the silver until someone asked if I was a pensioner, like her. Woman was at least 70. Then she asked if I'd had a hard life. I ran a blonde rinse through the next day and my hair has been between arctic blonde (silver) or a pale dirty blonde and tones in between ever since.
Recently it was natural but everyone and their dog has hair that colour at the moment.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've been teaching grey haired sixth form girls for the past ten years. Hair dyed grey is a far from new fashion trend.

I think that it's a great look.

I've threatened to have my hair and beard dyed grey.

Mrs Vernon has threatened divorce.

Top Bottom