Simon Cowell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You wrote:
So why does it need fully operable pedals???

I replied:
It needs pedals to avoid being classified in California as a motor vehicle, ...

For a guy who feigns sensitivity about personal attacks, you have no compunction about throwing them around when it suits you.

I'll close with your own argument:

... people only start abusing others, when they no longer have a reasoned argument within the debate and start using insults

:hello:

Last edited by a moderator:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You wrote:

I replied:

For a guy who feigns sensitivity about personal attacks, you have no compunction about throwing them around when it suits you.

I'll close with your own argument:

:hello:
must be good to pick and choose which quotes you would like to us to try and mask the fact you were categorically wrong with your argument.....

you posted up the federal law within the US ......to try and prove that e bikes in the US do not have a 20mph assist limit. you were wrong and now your trying to snake your way out of your wrongful assumption. you even stated my google search was wrong too....

this was your post on the US allowed 20mph speed limit - i have underlined your comment in the brackets

My understanding was that the 20mph limit (allowed in the US) you refer to is not the point at which pedalling no longer becomes assisted, it's the cut off for the speed attainable under electric power alone, i.e. without pedalling. Is that not correct?

now i get it that, for the past 2 days you have tried your best to convince me and the forum that your right, cause you cant admit you were wrong in your assumption.......this is what you stated

Thanks for the Google screenshot. If you're pointing me towards the article on electricbikereport.com, I'd point out that the writer has not accurately reported the legal position of low speed electric bicycles in the US.

and then you posted the federal US law....not local state laws, until after i corrected you by posting the californian law.

i'll end on this note.....sometimes admitting your wrong can be hard, but when you do admit it, at least your saving grace can be that admission.......maybe you should try it

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

must be good to pick and choose which quotes you would like to us to try and mask the fact you were categorically wrong with your argument.....

you posted up the federal law within the US ......to try and prove that e bikes in the US do not have a 20mph assist limit. you were wrong and now your trying to snake your way out of your wrongful assumption. you even stated my google search was wrong too....

now i get it that, for the past 2 days you have tried your best to convince me and the forum that your right, cause you cant admit you were wrong in your assumption.......this is what you stated

Thanks for the Google screenshot. If you're pointing me towards the article on electricbikereport.com, I'd point out that the writer has not accurately reported the legal position of low speed electric bicycles in the US.

and then you posted the federal US law....not local state laws, until after i corrected you by posting the californian law.

i'll end on this note.....sometimes admitting your wrong can be hard, but when you do admit it, at least your saving grace can be that admission.......maybe you should try it

I'll take no lectures from you on credibility, accuracy or integrity after your (now deleted by the mods) xenophobic abuse towards Scots.
You've shown your true colours.

My apologies to the OP for the distraction from his thread.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'll take no lectures from you on credibility, accuracy or integrity after your (now deleted by the mods) xenophobic abuse towards Scots.
You've shown your true colours.

My apologies to the OP for the distraction from his thread.
even when your own posts have also been moderated too......pot kettle comes to mind. but your abuse was aim towards me specifically, i just made a general assumption towards scotts, theres a difference

glasgowcyclist

even when your own posts have also been moderated too......pot kettle comes to mind. but your abuse was aim towards me specifically, i just made a general assumption towards scotts, theres a difference

Nope, I have had one post on this thread edited by a mod and that was to remove your abusive content that I had quoted.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Jowwy, you could start a fight in an empty room

True, but an old saying applies here: It takes two to tango.

For every argumentative post by Jowwy in this thread, there has been at least one equally argumentative post by somebody else.

Top Bottom