Simon Cowell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I believe he was on private land when he smashed his back trying to do a wheelie on a very powerful electric bike. If that's what he wants to do in his spare time on his land then go for it. He is a little more environmentally friendly than when Ozzy Osbourne landed on his neck with a petrol quad bike on private land. Both are beyond the scope of the law regardless...

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
He was riding an E - Bicycle in California, one that is well beyond the confines and reach of UK law on EAPC's

T.M.H.N.E.T

A motorcycle with a quick release seatpost clamp, a fairly normal looking twin rail cycle saddle, crank arms, pedals and 24in wheels?

:laugh:

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Re the 15.5 mph max for motor assistance, it seems to me quite possibly because most cyclists on the flat ride around that speed, that's what everyone around them might expect, drivers, peds and other cyclists. Yes of course you and others can go faster but as a rule of thumb, 15 is what people are used to. Perhaps its seen as a safe median, one most people (peds, drivers and cyclists) can relate to and react to with experience.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Both have cranks and pedals, motorcycles and E variants do not

The CAB Recon is hands down the most powerful production electric bicycle

SWIND
Delivering a staggering 15kW of electric power, this is the most technically advanced and powerful electric bicycle on the market.

This is a motorcycle, that happens to be mine. It doesn't have cranks or pedals.

RZ3C5scl.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
A motorcycle with a quick release seatpost clamp, a fairly normal looking twin rail cycle saddle, crank arms, pedals and 24in wheels?

:laugh:

View attachment 541523
You forgot to mention the throttle and the top speed of 60mph........and doesn’t need to be pedalled.

it also has double front disc brakes, which e bikes don’t........you really are trying to push the boundaries of what is an E trail bike and not an E pedal assist bike

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

You forgot to mention the throttle and the top speed of 60mph........and doesn’t need to be pedalled
Like any other class 2 Ebike in California, I refer to your post on P8. The only difference is the speed achieveable

RE your edit: I have quoted directly above from two prominent manufacturers, they both refer to their product as bicycles.

The CAB Recon is a single front disc, so what?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Like any other class 2 Ebike in California, I refer to your post on P8. The only difference is the speed achieveable

RE your edit: I have quoted directly above from two prominent manufacturers, they both refer to their product as bicycles.

The CAB Recon is a single front disc, so what?
Speed and size of motor and the ability to reach 60mph without the motor switching off........class 2 the motor/assist cuts out at 20mph. A huge difference don’t you think

as for the motor its 250 watts for a class 2 pedelec, not the 20,000 watts of the recon/swind..........the manufacturer can state what he wants, doesn’t mean it’s true to the law/legal requirements

T.M.H.N.E.T

They're still bicycles, just not bicycles that can be used legally where bicycles and EAPC's normally can (roads)

There's nothing in legislation that says I can't buy myself a SWIND and take it to purpose built facilities, generally MTB trails and DH runs

Last edited:
Top Bottom