Simple question - seat height.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sreten

Hi,
I can't stay in the saddle unless there is a convenient kerb. On the
flat leaning sideways in the saddle is not an option. I dismount. Its
just simpler, more relaxed and safer than struggling on my toes.
And quicker setting off again.
rgds, sreten.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Did you not feel like you were riding one of these before you started raising your saddle? :tongue:

raleigh_chopper1.jpg
Or like every BMX bicycle rider in the United States. Some fellows 40 or so riding around in a position that reminds one of Cossack Dances.

Skipper

I have been riding my bike with the seat too low for years without really noticing it. I started raising my saddle a bit at a time. The seatpost has Bontrager printed on it and I raised it by one letter every 50 miles or so. I started off on the B and am now on the A, and without a doubt the bike is more comfortable to ride and I have less pressure on my forearms. Also my quads don't ache like crazy for the first few miles.
Lucky you don't ride a CUBE, or you'd have stopped raising the saddle miles ago!

Skipper

Am I right in saying that your lower foot leg should be almost straight when the seat is at the correct height?

I think mine is a little on the low side...
That's always been my understanding, and I've always adjusted my seat that way. Sit on the saddle, and put the ball of your foot on the pedal. At the bottom of the stroke, your leg should be almost straight (without tilting your body of course). Good luck!

Top Bottom