Single speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

Looking for a cheap nip about just to get to work and back on. Don't really want to commute 1.1miles on my 'proper' bike, so was looking at single speeds.

Any ideas?

To be honest, I'd like it to be about £50. But I'm realistic, mango and charge bikes seem to be around the £250+ mark, which I begrudge beyond belief for a relatively simple tool.

Anyway, have I missed some real bargains? eBay seems a bit hit or miss and gumtree is just throwing up sports direct heaps.

vickster

Legendary Member
@biggs682 ?

Stick a wanted ad in the for sale forum

Or something like this

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harrier-Spr...le-speed-racing-bike-/162139149957?nav=SEARCH

Or just walk to work, 15 minutes, free and no faff with locking up etc. Different exercise is good for you too. Even run if you like such nonsense

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

Complete.

I'd walk to work, but I like to pop home for lunch, and unfortunately that would limit my time at home.

I've seen Halfords have some horrid looking things for around the £150 mark.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ah, and bullhorn or drops is a must. Simply cannot stand the look of flat bars.
Don't get hung up on that. New bars are a £20 or so upgrade, as long as the clamp is a common size. Bullhorns are usually the same diameter as flats, so you can transfer grips and levers more easily.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
For £150 you basically want a pub bike off ebay or out of the small adds, and strip the gears off to make up a fixie. Should be doable for next to nothing especially if the gears are bust anyway

Top Bottom